Trump Mocks #MeToo Movement In Montana Rally

The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 244

Trump Mocks #MeToo Movement In Montana Rally

Post by The Last Outlaw on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 pm

From The Washington Post

Felicia Sonmez of the Washington Post wrote:President Trump joked about the #MeToo movement Thursday, making light of the international campaign against sexual assault during a wide-ranging speech in which he also took aim at a potential 2020 White House opponent, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).

At a rally in Great Falls, Mont., Trump deployed his familiar nickname of “Pocahontas” for Warren, which he has repeatedly used to mock the Massachusetts Democrat for her claims of Native American ancestry.

Trump imagined himself sparring with Warren on the debate stage and told the crowd that he would toss her a DNA kit, “but we have to do it gently because we’re in the #MeToo generation, so we have to be very gentle.”

He then made a throwing motion and said that “we will very gently take that kit, and we will slowly toss it, hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm.”

The #MeToo movement gained steam late last year following revelations about decades of sexual abuse allegations against film producer Harvey Weinstein. It has since led to the downfall of dozens of powerful men across a broad range of industries.

Trump’s quip comes on the same day that the White House announced the hiring of former Fox News Channel executive Bill Shine, who was ousted from the network last year in the wake of lawsuits suggesting that he ignored alleged sexual harassment by Fox’s late chairman and chief executive, Roger Ailes.

More than a dozen women have accused Trump of sexual assault or improper conduct. Trump has denied all of the allegations against him.

Warren shot back at Trump on Twitter on Thursday night by criticizing his administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which has resulted in the separation of thousands of migrant children from their parents.

Trump also used his Montana speech to deride Rep. Maxine Waters, the veteran Democratic lawmaker from California whose call for aggressive protests against Trump administration officials drew the president’s ire last month.

Trump mentioned his previous attacks on Waters as a “low IQ individual” and added what appeared to be his own personal assessment, telling the crowd, “I mean, honestly, she’s somewhere in the mid-60s, I believe.”

A Waters spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Trump is gonna insult one person too many (as if he hasn't already) and it's gonna backfire on him big time.  Not only has he mocked two prominent Senators in both Elizabeth Warren and Maxine Waters, but he has mocked a whole movement that is meant to stop sexual harrassment and assault.  And let's not forget, there are women who accused Trump of sexual assault and improper conduct.  Does the name Stormy Daniels ring any bells?

Just saying

Re: Trump Mocks #MeToo Movement In Montana Rally

Post by toetapping on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:28 pm

It sure does ring a bell. Trump is like a spoilt little brat who thinks he is invincible.

Amulet1

Male Posts : 47

Post by Amulet1 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Warren claimed she is Indian, all Trump did was tell her to prove it through dna. I know quite a few Native Americans who are offended by Elizabeth Warrens claims.
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Post by The Last Outlaw on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

@Amulet1 wrote:Warren claimed she is Indian, all Trump did was tell her to prove it through dna. I know quite a few Native Americans who are offended by Elizabeth Warrens claims.

By constantly calling her "Pocahontas"?

Do you need a comprehensive list of people Trump has insulted?

Amulet1

Post by Amulet1 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:21 pm

@The Last Outlaw wrote:
    @Amulet1 wrote:Warren claimed she is Indian, all Trump did was tell her to prove it through dna. I know quite a few Native Americans who are offended by Elizabeth Warrens claims.

She is the one claiming to be Native American. I am aware of Trumps insults. But the media finds fault with every small thing he has said or done.

Where is the outcry of all the homeless starving children here in the States? We need to take care of our own first. Not someone who comes here illegally.

Trump was elected by the people let him do his job. If the voters are unhappy then vote him out in 2020. It is simple as that.
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Post by The Last Outlaw on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:32 pm

@Amulet1 wrote:
    @The Last Outlaw wrote:

She is the one claiming to be Native American.  I am aware of Trumps insults.  But the media finds fault with every small thing he has said or done.  

Where is the outcry of all the homeless starving children here in the States?  We need to take care of our own first. Not someone who comes here illegally.

Trump was elected by the people let him do his job. If the voters are unhappy then vote him out in 2020.  It is simple as that.

Warren isn't the only one he's insulted, and it's not a small thing when you're either a candidate for President of the United States, or when you are actually The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

What I'm saying is this: I have respect for the Office of the President of the United States, but I also believe in treating people with some kind of respect, and insulting people left, right and center, regardless of the claims they make, is not doing that. Insults don't make you look strong. They make you look like a bully, and coming from personal experiences, I can't stand bullies. Like one analyst said, we went from having a bully pulpit, to having a bully in the pulpit.

Amulet1

Post by Amulet1 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 pm

@The Last Outlaw wrote:
    @Amulet1 wrote:
    @The Last Outlaw wrote:

She is the one claiming to be Native American.  I am aware of Trumps insults.  But the media finds fault with every small thing he has said or done.  

Where is the outcry of all the homeless starving children here in the States?  We need to take care of our own first. Not someone who comes here illegally.

Trump was elected by the people let him do his job. If the voters are unhappy then vote him out in 2020.  It is simple as that.

Warren isn't the only one he's insulted, and it's not a small thing when you're either a candidate for President of the United States, or when you are actually The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

What I'm saying is this: I have respect for the Office of the President of the United States, but I also believe in treating people with some kind of respect, and insulting people left, right and center, regardless of the claims they make, is not doing that.  Insults don't make you look strong.  They make you look like a bully, and coming from personal experiences, I can't stand bullies.  Like one analyst said, we went from having a bully pulpit, to having a bully in the pulpit.

In a way I agree. I do not agree with the name calling and insults. and I think there are other ways of doing things but I also look at what he is trying to do. There are many things that Obama did that I dont agree with and have experienced first hand some of his fails, for instance Obamacare. I had it and was dropped due to my first heart attack, I have written letters, made phone calls trying to find out why I was dropped and till this day I have not gotten a answer. I am looking at about a million bucks in medical bills that I have to pay.

I believe that many people are tired of the career politician and that is the main reason why Trump was elected. I believe to work hard for what I have. I am currently getting social security disability due to my bad heart. I hate it but I know I cant do things like I use too. I dont believe in getting things for free and I know there are many who abuse the system. I could go on and on but I wont .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 pm