Bethea's Byte
Announcements
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. | Here is the place you can talk about the topics of the day, have respectful debates, or just air your thoughts and concerns that concern you. || Site Announcements: | Bethea's Byte is all set for Christmas. Starting tonight, the Music section will have Christmas songs posted all the way to Christmas Day. | I would like to see your Christmas memories posted here in YouByte. || BYTE THIS!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:30 am
Statistics
We have 14 registered users
The newest registered user is Jackster

Our users have posted a total of 986 messages in 360 subjects
December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» What are your plans for the day.
Today at 2:33 pm by Naiwen

» How are you feeling right now?
Today at 6:03 am by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
Today at 6:02 am by Kyng

» Dog and Beth: The Fight of Their Lives
Today at 5:06 am by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:31 pm by toetapping

» Christmas Songs
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 am by The Last Outlaw

» TIME Magazine's Persons of the Year: The Guardians
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 am by The Last Outlaw

» Casey Anthony’s Former Roommate Speaks Out In Doc: ‘She’s Lying About Everything’
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:00 am by The Last Outlaw

» Kathie Lee Gifford Stepping Away From ‘Today’
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:42 am by The Last Outlaw

» ‘Target Teresa’ Caught On Video Harassing Black Customers
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:50 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Tensions Flare on ‘The View’ Morning After Joy Behar vs. Meghan McCain Blow-Up
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:16 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Stocks Plunge On Fears Of Slowing Economic Growth
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:54 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The spiritual Cafe
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm by Naiwen

» 'Mission Complete': Sully The Service Dog To Accompany Bush One Last Time
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:17 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Trump Supporter Wakes Up To Burned Flag On Vermont Porch
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 pm by Mozzie

» U.S. House Democrats Nominate Pelosi To Be Next Speaker
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:28 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The General Board
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 am by Naiwen

» My personal Voice!
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:45 am by Naiwen

» Alabama Mall Shooting: Gunman Dead and 2 Wounded -- Including 12-Year-Old-Girl
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:20 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Movie Quotes
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:56 pm by The Last Outlaw

Top posting users this week
Top posting users this month
Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

The Coffee House

The Friendly Bunch

Planet Nexus

Dynamik

Friendly Faces

mindsConnected

IconSkouliki

Atrium

Atrium
Bethea's Byte CBox Chat

This is so true

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amulet1
Male Posts : 84

View user profile http://clubhouse.boardhost.com/index.php

PostAmulet1 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:56 pm

I like to, no I'm compelled to share this.........To all the people who let this election break up families and friends let this sink in I think the last civil conversations we had occurred just days before November 8, 2016. You were supremely confident Hillary Clinton would win the presidential election; you voted for her with glee. As a lifelong Republican, I bit down hard and cast my vote for Donald Trump. Then the unimaginable happened. He won.

And you lost your freaking minds.

I knew you would take the loss hard—and personally—since all of you were super jacked-up to elect the first woman president. But I did not imagine you would become totally deranged, attacking anyone who voted for Trump or supported his presidency as a racist, sexist, misogynistic, homophobic Nazi-sympathizer.

The weirdness started on social media late on Election Night, as it became clear Hillary was going to lose. A few of you actually admitted that you were cradling your sleeping children, weeping, wondering what to tell your kindergartner the next morning about Trump’s victory. It continued over the next several days. Some of you seriously expressed fear about modern-day concentration camps. Despite living a privileged lifestyle, you were suddenly a casualty of the white patriarchy. Your daughters were future victims; your sons were predators-in-waiting. You threatened to leave Facebook because you could no longer enjoy the family photos or vacation posts from people who, once friends, became Literal Hitlers to you on November 8 because they voted for Donald Trump.

I admit I was a little hurt at first. The attacks against us Trump voters were so personal and so vicious that I did not think it could be sustained. I thought maybe you would regain your sanity after some turkey and egg nog.

But you did not. You got worse. And I went from sad to angry to where I am today: Amused.

As the whole charade you have been suckered into over the last 18 months starts to fall apart—that Trump would not survive his presidency; he would be betrayed by his own staff, family, and/or political party; he would destroy the Republican Party; he would be declared mentally ill and removed from office; he would be handcuffed and dragged out of the White House by Robert Mueller for “colluding” with Russia—let me remind you what complete fools you have made of yourselves. Not to mention how you’ve been fooled by the media, the Democratic Party, and your new heroes on the NeverTrump Right.

On November 9, you awoke from a self-induced, eight-year-long political coma to find that White House press secretaries shade the truth and top presidential advisors run political cover for their boss. You were shocked to discover that presidents exaggerate, even lie, on occasion. You became interested for the first time about the travel accommodations, office expenses, and lobbyist pals of administration officials. You started counting how many rounds of golf the president played. You suddenly thought it was fine to mock the first lady now that she wasn’t Michelle Obama. Once you removed your pussy hat after attending the Women’s March, you made fun of Kellyanne Conway’s hair, Sarah Sanders’ weight, Melania Trump’s shoes, Hope Hicks’ death stare; you helped fuel a rumor started by a bottom-feeding author that U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley slept with Donald Trump. You thought it was A-OK that Betsy DeVos was nearly physically assaulted and routinely heckled. You glorified a woman who has sex on camera for a paycheck.

You have learned all kinds of new things that those of us who didn’t willfully ignore politics for the past eight years already knew. For example, we already knew that illegal immigrants were being deported and families were being separated.

Some of your behavior has been kinda cute. It was endearing to watch you become experts on the Logan Act, the Hatch Act, the Second Amendment, the 25th Amendment, and the Emoluments Clause. You developed a new crush on Mitt Romney after calling him a “sexist” for having “binders full of women.” You longed for a redux of the presidency of George W. Bush, a man you once wanted imprisoned for war crimes. Ditto for John McCain. You embraced people like Bill Kristol and David Frum without knowing anything about their histories of shotgunning the Iraq War.

Classified emails shared by Hillary Clinton? Who cares! Devin Nunes wanting to declassify crucial information of the public interest? Traitor!

But your newfound admiration and fealty to law enforcement really has been a fascinating transformation. Wasn’t it just last fall that I saw you loudly supporting professional athletes who were protesting police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem? Remember how you fanboyed a mediocre quarterback for wearing socks that depicted cops as pigs?

But now you sound like paid spokesmen for the Fraternal Order of Police. You insist that any legitimate criticism of the misconduct and possibile criminality that occured at the Justice Department and FBI is an “attack on law enforcement.” While you once opposed the Patriot Act because it might have allowed the federal government to spy on terrorists who were using the local library to learn how to make suitcase bombs, you now fully support the unchecked power of a secret court to look into the phone calls, text messages and emails of an American citizen because he volunteered for the Trump campaign for a few months.

Spying on terrorists, circa 2002: Bad. Spying on Carter Page, circa 2017: The highest form of patriotism.

And that white, male patriarchy that you were convinced would strip away basic rights and silence any opposition after Trump won? That fear has apparently been washed away as you hang on every word uttered by James Comey, John Brennan, and James Clapper. This triumvirate is exhibit “A” of the old-boy network, and represents how the insularity, arrogance, and cover-your-tracks mentality of the white-male power structure still prevails. Yet, instead of rising up against it, you are buying their books, retweeting their Twitter rants and blasting anyone who dares to question their testicular authority. Your pussy hat must be very sad.

But your daily meltdowns about Trump-Russia election collusion have been the most entertaining to observe. After Robert Mueller was appointed as Special Counsel, you were absolutely convinced it would result in Trump’s arrest and/or impeachment. Some of you insisted that Trump wouldn’t last beyond 2017. You quickly swallowed any chum tossed at you by the Trump-hating media on MSNBC, the New York Times and the Washington Post about who was going down next, or who would flip on the president.

For the past year, I have watched you obsess over a rotating cast of characters: Paul Manafort, Donald Trump, Jr., Jared Kushner, Carter Page, Reince Priebus, Jeff Sessions, Michael Flynn, Steve Bannon, Sam Nunberg, and Hope Hicks are just a few of the people you thought would turn on Trump or hasten his political demise. But when those fantasies didn’t come true, you turned to Michael Avenatti and Stormy Daniels for hope and inspiration. It will always be your low point.

Well, I think it will be. Each time I believe you’ve hit bottom, you come up with a new baseline. Perhaps defending the unprecedented use of federal power to spy on political foes then lie about it will the next nail in your credibility coffin.

The next several weeks will be tough for you. I think Americans will learn some very hard truths about what happened in the previous administration and how we purposely have been misled by powerful leaders and the news media. I wish I could see you as a victim here, but you are not. I know you are smart; you chose to support this insurgency with your eyes wide open.

Now, I shall sit back and enjoy your pain.
Yami Yugi
Male Posts : 19

View user profile

PostYami Yugi on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:54 pm

I wanted to thank you for having the balls enough to post what you did. But because the mass media is supposed to 'brain wash everyone into thinking that left is always right', it's not easy to speak up against the left because they're ALWAYS right & don't you forget it.

It's funny, Trump has actually done more during his first couple of days in office then most presidents have during the time they're in office. He made a lot of jobs possible, & actually made two different deals with job makeers, & this was all done DURING his first month in office.

ALSO: the whole 'Russia interfeared in the election' nonesense was MADE UP, because like you said HILARY was supposed to win & SHE DIDN'T. So of course the leftist media is going to TRY to con the American people into making them think that Russia had something to do with Trump winning WHEN IT'S NOT TRUE.

It's also been said by the past head of the FBI that if you or I did ANY OF THE CRAP THAT Hilary Clinton pulled, we'd be in jail. But because SHE HAS CONNECTIONS & IS A PAST PRESIDIENT'S WIFE, she'll never see any jail time or even go to court over the whole email scandle. Not to mention the fact that she could probably BRIBE anyone she wanted & get out of any kind of legal trouble anyway.

So, again.. Thank you sir for posting what's been needed to be said on THIS forum for a long ass time IMPO.

Amulet1

PostAmulet1 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:11 pm

@Yami Yugi wrote:I wanted to thank you for having the balls enough to post what you did. But because the mass media is supposed to 'brain wash everyone into thinking that left is always right', it's not easy to speak up against the left because they're ALWAYS right & don't you forget it.

It's funny, Trump has actually done more during his first couple of days in office then most presidents have during the time they're in office. He made a lot of jobs possible, & actually made two different deals with job makeers, & this was all done DURING his first month in office.

ALSO: the whole 'Russia interfeared in the election' nonesense was MADE UP, because like you said HILARY was supposed to win & SHE DIDN'T. So of course the leftist media is going to TRY to con the American people into making them think that Russia had something to do with Trump winning WHEN IT'S NOT TRUE.

It's also been said by the past head of the FBI that if you or I did ANY OF THE CRAP THAT Hilary Clinton pulled, we'd be in jail. But because SHE HAS CONNECTIONS & IS A PAST PRESIDIENT'S WIFE, she'll never see any jail time or even go to court over the whole email scandle. Not to mention the fact that she could probably BRIBE anyone she wanted & get out of any kind of legal trouble anyway.

So, again.. Thank you sir for posting what's been needed to be said on THIS forum for a long ass time IMPO.

I am sure I will get some flak over it. and probably called a racist or a few other choice words.
queenzelda
Female Posts : 73

View user profile

Postqueenzelda on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:02 am

@Amulet1 wrote:
@Yami Yugi wrote:I wanted to thank you for having the balls enough to post what you did. But because the mass media is supposed to 'brain wash everyone into thinking that left is always right', it's not easy to speak up against the left because they're ALWAYS right & don't you forget it.

I am sure I will get some flak over it.  and probably called a racist or a few other choice words.
It's not like Trump supporters haven't been called worse.

But I wanted to thank you & Yami both for the posts you made & that I agree with them.

Kyng

View user profile

PostKyng on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:36 am

Okay, so, I don't like Trump at all: I find a lot of his behaviour to be childish and pathetic, and I don't agree with a lot of his policies (and that's something I've made no secret of). However, I'll still try to give him credit when he does something I like, and I do get annoyed at #Resistance folks who just oppose everything he does willy-nilly. And that's before we get to the people who resort to violence to make their point: I find Antifa thugs to be repugnant.

At this point, I'm beyond caring "which side is worse" or "which side started it": I'm sick of the insults perpetuated by those on both sides, and all the finger-pointing and whataboutism is just going to make things even worse. At this point, it just turns me off from discussing politics with anybody: I have better things to do with my day than wade through an atmosphere of constant toxic negativity.

The state of hatred and division today saddens me. But until reasonable Republicans and reasonable Democrats are willing to work together and make compromises, I don't see what the solution is ;( .
Amulet1

PostAmulet1 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:48 am

@Kyng wrote:Okay, so, I don't like Trump at all: I find a lot of his behaviour to be childish and pathetic, and I don't agree with a lot of his policies (and that's something I've made no secret of). However, I'll still try to give him credit when he does something I like, and I do get annoyed at #Resistance folks who just oppose everything he does willy-nilly. And that's before we get to the people who resort to violence to make their point: I find Antifa thugs to be repugnant.

At this point, I'm beyond caring "which side is worse" or "which side started it": I'm sick of the insults perpetuated by those on both sides, and all the finger-pointing and whataboutism is just going to make things even worse. At this point, it just turns me off from discussing politics with anybody: I have better things to do with my day than wade through an atmosphere of constant toxic negativity.

The state of hatred and division today saddens me. But until reasonable Republicans and reasonable Democrats are willing to work together and make compromises, I don't see what the solution is ;( .

Very well said and I agree with you. It saddens me that there are groups out there that just want to cause trouble and riot and destroy peoples businesses just because they are full of hate. I can understand about demonstating but when it turns into rioting and violence then I dont like what they are doing.
The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Male Posts : 486

View user profile http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:51 pm

@Amulet1 wrote:
@Kyng wrote:Okay, so, I don't like Trump at all: I find a lot of his behaviour to be childish and pathetic, and I don't agree with a lot of his policies (and that's something I've made no secret of). However, I'll still try to give him credit when he does something I like, and I do get annoyed at #Resistance folks who just oppose everything he does willy-nilly. And that's before we get to the people who resort to violence to make their point: I find Antifa thugs to be repugnant.

Very well said and I agree with you. It saddens me that there are groups out there that just want to cause trouble and riot and destroy peoples businesses just because they are full of hate. I can understand about demonstating but when it turns into rioting and violence then I dont like what they are doing.

Just to give you a heads up, that is what has further divided this country. We were divided long before Obama became President. We were divided long before Trump. So to blame Obama for dividing the country is unfounded. The last time we were "United" was in the aftermath of 9/11. After that we ended split between race, political affiliation, gender, sexual preference... I could go on, and plan to in a future Free Byte, but I do agree with the fact the we as a nation need to join together, now more than ever before. As long as we stay divided, we are weak, no matter who is residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC.

Just saying.

Oh, BTW, @Amulet1 I got your comments supporting Trump in what ever way shape or form you desire. This is your platform to do so, but do not assume I'm gonna call you out of your name because you support someone I don't. I don't have that kind of bone in my heart to call you anything of that sort. Like I say many times over, we're better than this. Let's get on this forum and prove it!

PostAmulet1 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 pm

@The Last Outlaw wrote:
@Amulet1 wrote:

Just to give you a heads up, that is what has further divided this country.  We were divided long before Obama became President. We were divided long before Trump.  So to blame Obama for dividing the country is unfounded.  The last time we were "United" was in the aftermath of 9/11.  After that we ended split between race, political affiliation, gender, sexual preference... I could go on, and plan to in a future Free Byte, but I do agree with the fact the we as a nation need to join together, now more than ever before.  As long as we stay divided, we are weak, no matter who is residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC.

Just saying.

Oh, BTW, @Amulet1 I got your comments supporting Trump in what ever way shape or form you desire.  This is your platform to do so, but do not assume I'm gonna call you out of your name because you support someone I don't.  I don't have that kind of bone in my heart to call you anything of that sort.  Like I say many times over, we're better than this.  Let's get on this forum and prove it!

There was not rioting in the streets before Obama. The president never showed hatred for the police until Obama during the Fergurson case. Yes there was race issues but it wasnt like it is today. I can go on and on.

There are many things I dont like about Trump but I am not obsessed about it like the main stream media is obsessed about it.

Lets just agree to disagree on this. I am not going to post anymore about politics. I dont need or want to get to worked up over it. My health is more important. I just wish everyone can stop with the name calling and violence just because of who they voted for or support.
The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 pm

I agree with you. I'm saying hate is what has us divided in the first place.

Sent from Topic'it App

PostAmulet1 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:30 pm

I apologize I said I wasnt going to post about politics and I did. I totally forgot that I said that but I am going to refrain from it from now on.
The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 pm

It's not an argument if we agree. There's nothing wrong with agreeing on some issues. It's all good. As long as we can respect each others view. That is another reason for this forum.

Sent from Topic'it App

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum