Bethea's Byte

News. Debates. Opinions. YOUR VOICE!

The cancelling of The Chew tv show

queenzelda

Female Posts : 65

The cancelling of The Chew tv show

Post by queenzelda on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:05 pm

As of recently, a tv show I would watch religiously for new recipes & that The Chew was canceled & is being replaced (here in the US) by a third hour of Good Morning America called "GMA Day", which I for one am not happy about. I never cared for GMA to begin with & a lot of fans theorize that because the Chew never went into the very saturated market that is the current 'social media hating on the democrats' & choose not to talk about any politics that it's the real reason that the Chew was axed.

Personally, I think it's due to the show's association with Mario Batali & the fall out from what happened with it coming out that he's been harassing women under his employ for years now. As the investigation into who worked with him, may happen to lead into investigating people he might have worked with on the show if they were to have made future episodes down the line; is my thinking.

It's so sad, this show was way more popular towards the end of it's run impo then it was when it first started. I for one never really liked either host; Daphne Oz or Mario Batali. As Daphne impo came off to 'fake' even when she was on tv. *rolls eyes* My whole issue with Mario, is that I felt that every one had to kiss up to him if he was ever on premises (or in the episode) & I never really liked that tbh. I loved Clinton Kelly, Michael Symon & Carla Hall though & when it was just the three of them left at the end of the series, I thought it was perfect. But, it was never to last. Oh well, when the next year for television starts I've decided to stop watching ABC network programming. Even their local news casts, cause that's how upset I am about their cutting the Chew from their line up.

Male Posts : 19

Re: The cancelling of The Chew tv show

Post by Yami Yugi on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Yea, I remember you'd be watching them when ever I came over to bug you. Razz I really liked the way the show was laid out too, a lot of neat tips & tricks. They even did a few segments teaching newbs how to cook, & it was when they started doing those segments that I didn't feel that cooking was such a 'mysterious' thing, that only you & a few people I'm friends irl with seem to know how to do & very well I might add.

Sad that, the Chew will be missed by it's fans I'm sure.

The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Male Posts : 342

Post by The Last Outlaw on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:06 pm

I wanted to wait until I saw a few episodes of GMA Day before I said my peace on the cancellation of The Chew and the replacement by GMA Day.

First off, let me say that I was a fan of The Chew before all the controversy. I really loved the chemistry between Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall and Michael Symon. As great a chef as he was, I thought Mario Batali was out of place. Also, I liked Daphne Oz's presence on the show as well. It was almost like having her dad on the show.

Now in regard to the replacement, GMA Day. After watching the first five episodes, so far, it's living up to its "mission statement" when co-host Michael Strahan said, "We are a NEW show, not a NEWS show." So far, I haven't heard any major news on this show. It's lively, it's upbeat, and for a lack of a better word, it's FUN!

The chemistry between Strahan and former co-host of The View, Sara Haines is good so far. This, the audience member intro, and the "Good Day, Bad Day" segment is what's getting this show off the ground. Do not mistake it for the early morning, GMA. That doesn't begin to have fun until about 15 minutes into its second hour. GMA Day is fun from start to finish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm