Bethea's Byte Reloaded
The cancelling of The Chew tv show JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    The cancelling of The Chew tv show Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

The cancelling of The Chew tv show

4 posters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:05 pm

As of recently, a tv show I would watch religiously for new recipes & that The Chew was canceled & is being replaced (here in the US) by a third hour of Good Morning America called "GMA Day", which I for one am not happy about. I never cared for GMA to begin with & a lot of fans theorize that because the Chew never went into the very saturated market that is the current 'social media hating on the democrats' & choose not to talk about any politics that it's the real reason that the Chew was axed.

Personally, I think it's due to the show's association with Mario Batali & the fall out from what happened with it coming out that he's been harassing women under his employ for years now. As the investigation into who worked with him, may happen to lead into investigating people he might have worked with on the show if they were to have made future episodes down the line; is my thinking.

It's so sad, this show was way more popular towards the end of it's run impo then it was when it first started. I for one never really liked either host; Daphne Oz or Mario Batali. As Daphne impo came off to 'fake' even when she was on tv. *rolls eyes* My whole issue with Mario, is that I felt that every one had to kiss up to him if he was ever on premises (or in the episode) & I never really liked that tbh. I loved Clinton Kelly, Michael Symon & Carla Hall though & when it was just the three of them left at the end of the series, I thought it was perfect. But, it was never to last. Oh well, when the next year for television starts I've decided to stop watching ABC network programming. Even their local news casts, cause that's how upset I am about their cutting the Chew from their line up.
    Yami Yugi
    Yami Yugi
    Members
    Members

PostYami Yugi Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Yea, I remember you'd be watching them when ever I came over to bug you. Razz I really liked the way the show was laid out too, a lot of neat tips & tricks. They even did a few segments teaching newbs how to cook, & it was when they started doing those segments that I didn't feel that cooking was such a 'mysterious' thing, that only you & a few people I'm friends irl with seem to know how to do & very well I might add.

Sad that, the Chew will be missed by it's fans I'm sure.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:06 pm

I wanted to wait until I saw a few episodes of GMA Day before I said my peace on the cancellation of The Chew and the replacement by GMA Day.

First off, let me say that I was a fan of The Chew before all the controversy. I really loved the chemistry between Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall and Michael Symon. As great a chef as he was, I thought Mario Batali was out of place. Also, I liked Daphne Oz's presence on the show as well. It was almost like having her dad on the show.

Now in regard to the replacement, GMA Day. After watching the first five episodes, so far, it's living up to its "mission statement" when co-host Michael Strahan said, "We are a NEW show, not a NEWS show." So far, I haven't heard any major news on this show. It's lively, it's upbeat, and for a lack of a better word, it's FUN!

The chemistry between Strahan and former co-host of The View, Sara Haines is good so far. This, the audience member intro, and the "Good Day, Bad Day" segment is what's getting this show off the ground. Do not mistake it for the early morning, GMA. That doesn't begin to have fun until about 15 minutes into its second hour. GMA Day is fun from start to finish.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:51 am

I think day one I was ticked off by them having Carla Hall on as a cooking host. I mean I was glad to see her, but it kind if felt like a slap in the face with their doing that. >:/

Impo, I feel that I'm not missing anything anyway. Besides I'm a gamer & I'd rather be playing my games anyway.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

If you think about it, look at it as a Network version of Live with Kelly and Ryan but instead, it's with Michael Strahan and Sara Haines.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:48 am

Yea, the whole 'Live with Regis & Kathy' show has basically evolved to the current 'GMA Day'. I just never really liked Kathy Lee, I sort of saw her as fake & Regis was meh. Michael Strahan I do like, he seems like a real sweetie, but Sara? Idk. The show comes on at 1pm est, when I unusually get home by. So sometimes I head off to bed if I'm to whipped out. Thou with 'The Chew' I'd stay up & have some late dinner. Eh? Idk. I'd rather play through Final Fantasy Crytsal Chronicles again. :p
    Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:43 am

Well, if nothing else, I'm glad you're not really missing it Smile .
    Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum