Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4443 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » Last thing you ate/drank
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Yesterday at 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Yesterday at 4:51 pm by Kyng

» How are you feeling right now?
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:26 am by Cool Cory

» What are your plans for the day
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

March 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues Rakv

Welcome to BETHEA'S BYTE: FREE BYTE.  As I watched Donald Trump's press conference after the midterm elections, showed me an immaturity that this man has with the press, or as he likes to call it, the "Fake News Media."  Here's the Associated Press' take on what happened.

David Bauder, Media Writer for The Associated Press wrote:NEW YORK — President Trump's combative relationship with the media deteriorated further Wednesday with a news conference where he called some reporters rude and accused a PBS reporter of posing a racist question when she asked him about white nationalists.

"It's such a hostile media," Trump said during his post-midterms news conference at the White House, after ordering reporter April Ryan of the American Urban Radio Networks to sit down when she tried to ask him a question.

The president complained that the media did not cover the humming economy and was responsible for much of the country's divided politics. He said that "I can do something fantastic, and they make it look not good."

His exchanges with CNN's Jim Acosta and NBC News' Peter Alexander turned bitterly personal, unusual even for a forum where the nature of their jobs often put presidents and the press at odds.

"I came in here as a nice person wanting to answer questions and I had people jumping out of their seats screaming questions at me," said Trump, who talked for nearly 90 minutes despite the run-ins with reporters.

Acosta and Trump began sparring after the CNN White House correspondent asked him about why a so-called caravan of migrants heading from Latin America to the southern U.S. border was emphasized as an issue in the just-concluded midterm races. Acosta questioned Trump calling the migrants march an invasion and Trump defended the term.

"You should let me run the country," Trump said. "You run CNN and if you did it well, your ratings would be much better."

When Acosta pressed on with another question, Trump said "that's enough!" and a White House aide unsuccessfully tried to grab the microphone from Acosta.

After Acosta asked about the investigation of Russia's involvement in the 2016 election and Trump tried to turn to Alexander.

"CNN should be ashamed of itself having you work for them," the president said. "You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn't be working for CNN. The way you treat Sarah Sanders is horrible. The way you treat other people is horrible. You shouldn't treat people that way."

Alexander came to his colleague's defense. "I've traveled with him and watched him," Alexander said. "He's a diligent reporter who busts his butt like the rest of us."

"I'm not a big fan of yours, either," Trump replied.

"I understand," Alexander said, attempting to ask a question. At that point, Acosta stood back up and began mentioning, without a microphone, the explosive devices that were recently sent to CNN and some of the president's political opponents.

"Just sit down," Trump said. "When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people."

Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues $

CNN, through its public relations department Twitter feed, said that Trump's attacks on the press have gone too far.

"They are not only dangerous, they are disturbingly un-American," CNN said. "While President Trump has made it clear he does not respect a free press, he has a sworn obligation to protect it. A free press is vital to democracy, and we stand behind Jim Acosta and his fellow journalists everywhere."

Trump made several references in his news conference to how he feels mistreated by the press. He said he's damned by the press for having either too few, too many or just the right amount of press availabilities.

He turned specifically on reporter Yamiche Alcindor of PBS' "NewsHour." She said that "on the campaign trail, you called yourself a nationalist. Some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists..." Trump interrupted her, calling it a racist question. Alcindor pressed on. "There are some people who say the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric. What do you say to that?"

Trump talked about his supposed popularity with black Americans, and said he's more interested in advancing America's interests than having a globalist point of view.

"To say that, what you said, is so insulting to me," he said. "It's a very terrible thing you said to me."

Alcindor moved on to a different topic. Later, via Twitter, she said that she has interviewed white nationalists who say they are more excited by Trump than they have been about other presidents. "Even if President Trump doesn't intend it, some see him as directly appealing to the racists," she wrote.

On CNN, anchor Jake Tapper said that there was nothing racist about her question and that Trump's reaction was unfathomable.

Trump told Ryan repeatedly to sit down when she attempted to ask Trump about charges of voter suppression. He said she was rude for interrupting another reporter, although he did briefly answer one of Ryan's questions.

If that wasn't enough, The Hill breaks down the White House suspending Jim Acosta's press credentials and the backlash from it.

Joe Concha of The Hill wrote:
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues $

The White House on Wednesday faced swift backlash after it announced its suspension of CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta's press credentials following an extended verbal confrontation between Acosta and President Trump earlier that afternoon.

In a statement Wednesday night, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed Acosta "[placed] his hands on" a young female White House intern who attempted to take a microphone from him.

"We will ... never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable," said Sanders. "As a result of today's incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice."

Acosta also took to Twitter to call Sanders' assertion that he put his hands on the intern, "a lie."

Twitter users, including many journalists, were quick to challenge Sanders' claim that Acosta had touched the intern, slamming the White House's decision to yank the reporter's press credentials.

CNN said in a statement that Acosta "has our full support" and backed up Acosta's statement that Sanders "lied" in her "fraudulent" explanation by citing an incident "that never happened."

Donald Trump feels that the media is supposed to cater to him, ask him softball questions regarding the issues, and basically kiss his @$$!  They are doing their job.  If they ask you a question you don't feel good or comfortable about, the mature answer would be, "No Comment."  Simple.  No, not Donald Trump.  He's on defense faster than the Golden State Warriors after a Stephen Curry three-pointer.

Then to have Sarah Huckabee Sanders lie and say that Jim Acosta put his hands on a White House intern who was trying to take the microphone from him?  C'mon man!  That's just Trump basically throwing a Trumpian-style Temper Tantrum.

I guess we know who the real "enemy of the people" truly is.

Just saying!
    Trump vs. The Media: The War Continues R9Zf

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum