Bethea's Byte
Announcements
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. | Here is the place you can talk about the topics of the day, have respectful debates, or just air your thoughts and concerns that concern you. || Site Announcements: | Welcome to our newest members, JazzyYaketys and Jackster! We hope you will take part in posting of the topics of the day and just enjoy yourselves. | November 22 is a day to relax, reflect and above all else, give thanks for everything and everyone in our lives. Be safe and enjoy this day of Thanksgiving! Be blessed, friends. || BYTE THIS!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:30 am
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» How Offended Are We? Depends On Our Opinions These Days.
Today at 4:51 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The metric vs imperial measurements Systems
Today at 10:17 am by Naiwen

» President Trump Says He 'Should Have' Attended Veterans Day Ceremony In Rare Display Of Regret
Yesterday at 5:34 pm by The Last Outlaw

» BREAKING NEWS: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s Assassination
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Judge Orders White House To Return Acosta Pass
Yesterday at 8:02 am by The Last Outlaw

» Florida Recount: DeSantis Looks Certain To Win Governor’s Race; Senate Contest Goes To A Manual Recount
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Democrat Porter Flips GOP House seat in Southern California
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm by The Last Outlaw

» What are your plans for the day.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm by Naiwen

» 'You're A Terrorist,' Says Note Sent To 10-Year-Old Muslim Schoolgirl In Massachusetts
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Last thing you ate/drank
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm by toetapping

» What are you looking forward to right now?
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm by Naiwen

» FOX News Backs CNN’s Lawsuit Against Trump Administration
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am by The Last Outlaw

» CNN Tried to Make Peace Before Suing Trump Over Jim Acosta
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:15 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The White House Is Changing Its Tune On Why It Yanked Jim Acosta’s Press Pass
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:41 pm by The Last Outlaw

» My Dream Diary!
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by Naiwen

» America's Most Trusted TV News Anchors Revealed (Exclusive Poll)
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Arizona US Senate Seat
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Favorite Movie Company?
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:23 pm by Mozzie

» Ousted Minnesota Republican Faults McCain For Losing House
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:10 pm by The Last Outlaw

» ‘We Are Armed Now’: In Kentucky, Shootings Leave A Black Church And The White Community Around It Shaken
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 am by The Last Outlaw

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

The Coffee House

The Friendly Bunch

Planet Nexus

Dynamik

Friendly Faces

mindsConnected

IconSkouliki

Atrium

Atrium

Backlash After Trump Assails Three Black Female Reporters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Male Posts : 451

View user profile http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com

PostThe Last Outlaw on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

The Washington Examiner

Eddie Scarry of The Washington Examiner wrote:

President Trump is facing a new round of accusations that he is prejudiced against minorities after a series of confrontations with three black women reporters.

Trump on Friday disparaged White House reporter and CNN contributor April Ryan as “a loser” who “doesn’t know what the hell she’s doing.”

The outburst came at a press “gaggle” outside of the White House before leaving on a trip to Europe, an apparent reaction to Ryan having shouted out questions to Trump at a press conference Wednesday when she had not been called on.

“She gets publicity and then she gets a pay raise or she gets a contract, I think, with CNN, but she’s very nasty and she shouldn’t be,” Trump said. Ryan was not present for Trump's remarks.

During that same gaggle Friday, Abby Phillip, also with CNN, asked Trump about his new acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, who the president’s opponents say is too eager to defend the president from any legal scrutiny.

“Do you want him to reign in Robert Mueller,” asked Phillip, referring to the special counsel charged with investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

“What a stupid question that is," Trump replied. "What a stupid question. But I watch you a lot, you ask a lot of stupid questions.”

He reacted similarly to a question posed at Wednesday’s press conference by PBS White House reporter Yamiche Alcindor.

Alcindor had asked him about critics who say Trump and his Republican allies are “seen as supporting white nationalists” in their rhetoric.

Trump said he doubted that and then called the question “racist.”

“Excuse me. But to say that — what you said is so insulting to me. It's a very terrible thing that you said,” he said.

Trump tangled with other reporters this week including CNN’s Jim Acosta, who is Cuban, and NBC’s Peter Alexander, who is white. But some singled out his interactions with the black reporters.

“And Trump today attacked another black reporter, Abby Phillip,” tweeted Keith Boykin, a liberal author and CNN commentator and author.

Noting Trump’s remarks about Ryan and Philip, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tweeted, “Besides being Trump targets, what do they have in common?”

E.J. Dionne, a columnist for the Washington Post, said Friday on Twitter, “[H]ow about conservatives condemning #Trump's racist attacks on @AprilDRyan and @Yamiche Alcindor?”

Remember that time when Kanye West said "George (W.) Bush does not care about black people"?  Ladies and gentlemen add the words "or brown" to that statement and replace that name with that of Donald J. Trump.  Need proof, look at his press meetings over yesterday and today.  That man is madder than a hornet that just had his next stirred up.

He lost his total majority (Republican President, Republican House of Representatives, Republican Senate), and he is taking it out on everyone he comes in contact with, including the news media.  In this case, he's taking it out on CNN's Jim Acosta (who's Cuban, by the way) and three BLACK, FEMALE reporters: April Ryan, Yamiche Alcindor and Abby Phillip.

He's lashing out because he is exactly what I thought he would be, and what I already know he is.  He says he knows how to win.  The problem is he does not know how to handle defeat.  Period.  If he does, however, he does a very lousy job at it.

He's the President of the United States, and he is acting out like a petulent child.  This is where once again I quote the Bible from one of my favorite scriptures: 1 Corinthians 13:11
1 Corinthians 13:11 wrote:When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
It's time to grow up, Mr. Trump.

Just saying.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum