Bethea's Byte
Announcements
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. | Here is the place you can talk about the topics of the day, have respectful debates, or just air your thoughts and concerns that concern you. || Site Announcements: | Welcome to our newest members, JazzyYaketys and Jackster! We hope you will take part in posting of the topics of the day and just enjoy yourselves. | November 22 is a day to relax, reflect and above all else, give thanks for everything and everyone in our lives. Be safe and enjoy this day of Thanksgiving! Be blessed, friends. || BYTE THIS!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:30 am
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» How Offended Are We? Depends On Our Opinions These Days.
Today at 4:51 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The metric vs imperial measurements Systems
Today at 10:17 am by Naiwen

» President Trump Says He 'Should Have' Attended Veterans Day Ceremony In Rare Display Of Regret
Yesterday at 5:34 pm by The Last Outlaw

» BREAKING NEWS: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s Assassination
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Judge Orders White House To Return Acosta Pass
Yesterday at 8:02 am by The Last Outlaw

» Florida Recount: DeSantis Looks Certain To Win Governor’s Race; Senate Contest Goes To A Manual Recount
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Democrat Porter Flips GOP House seat in Southern California
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm by The Last Outlaw

» What are your plans for the day.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm by Naiwen

» 'You're A Terrorist,' Says Note Sent To 10-Year-Old Muslim Schoolgirl In Massachusetts
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Last thing you ate/drank
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm by toetapping

» What are you looking forward to right now?
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm by Naiwen

» FOX News Backs CNN’s Lawsuit Against Trump Administration
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am by The Last Outlaw

» CNN Tried to Make Peace Before Suing Trump Over Jim Acosta
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:15 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The White House Is Changing Its Tune On Why It Yanked Jim Acosta’s Press Pass
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:41 pm by The Last Outlaw

» My Dream Diary!
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by Naiwen

» America's Most Trusted TV News Anchors Revealed (Exclusive Poll)
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Arizona US Senate Seat
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Favorite Movie Company?
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:23 pm by Mozzie

» Ousted Minnesota Republican Faults McCain For Losing House
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:10 pm by The Last Outlaw

» ‘We Are Armed Now’: In Kentucky, Shootings Leave A Black Church And The White Community Around It Shaken
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 am by The Last Outlaw

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

The Coffee House

The Friendly Bunch

Planet Nexus

Dynamik

Friendly Faces

mindsConnected

IconSkouliki

Atrium

Atrium

Trump Calls CNN 'Fake News' After Reporter Asks Him Question At G-7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Male Posts : 451

View user profile http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com

PostThe Last Outlaw on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:06 pm

From The Hill

Avery Anapol of The Hill wrote:

President Trump slammed CNN as "fake news" after a reporter with the news organization asked him a question during a press briefing at the Group of Seven summit.

After the reporter asked Trump a question about tensions between him and other leaders at the G7 summit, the president asked what network he was from.

"Who are you with out of curiosity?" Trump asked the reporter, who replied that he was from CNN.

"I figured," Trump said. "Fake News CNN. The worst."

Trump then began to say that he "could tell by the question," before clarifying that he did not previously know the reporter's affiliation.

"I have no idea you're with CNN," he said. "After the question I was just curious as to who you're with, you're with CNN."

He then answered the reporter's question, defending his relationship with the other leaders of top industrialized nations present at the summit in Canada.

"I would say that the level of the relationship is a 10. We have a great relationship — Angela (Merkel) and Emmanuel (Macron) and Justin (Trudeau). I would say the relationship is a 10," he said, referring to leaders from Germany, France and Canada, respectively.

Trump blasted leaders ahead of the summit over the intensifying trade battles, after he imposed steep tariffs on steel and aluminum affecting allies Canada, Mexico and the European Union.

He has also faced criticism over his calls to reinstate Russia into the group. Russia was suspended from the then-G8 over the 2014 annexation of Crimea.

The president left the G7 summit early to depart for Singapore, where he will meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday.

The president has been highly critical of CNN throughout his presidency, pushing back on negative coverage and referring to the network as "Fake News."

One question... From CNN... and he couldn't be professional... instead, he calls CNN "Fake News."  Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what has become of the President (not the Presidency) of the United States.  Let me break this all down for you as this is a simple Trump formula.

Any news story praising Trump, no problem.

Any news story criticizing or bashing Trump, whether you are with the following media outlets.

• ABC News
  • NBC News and their subsidiaries
  • CBS News
  • The New York Times
  • The Washington Post

If you're on this list, you're FAKE NEWS!  Period.  Bottom line, when the press is doing their job, The Donald figures, "They don't like me, so they just tell fake news stories about me."  Here's a known fact: When it comes to the President, the Press is the checks and balances system for the Presidency.

He says what he says, they report it.  If he does anything, good, bad or indifferent, they report it.  So when THIS President denies what the media is reporting and passes it off as "fake news", you know that they (the press) will go to their sources to back up their stories.  They will retract where they make a mistake, but they do their best to get it right!

That's not fake news.  That's just keeping the President of the United States in check.

Just saying.

View user profile

PostKyng on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 am

Yeah, I the whole "fake news" thing is awful.

It's fine not to be too trusting of the mainstream media. After all, they're primarily driven by attracting clicks/eyeballs, rather than any altruistic aim to tell people the truth about what's going on. However, outright labelling them as "fake news" is going too far: sure, they have their biases and agendas, but they're not flat-out making stuff up. Furthermore, giving pro-Trump networks a free pass on this, when they're at least as guilty (if not more so) is just plain childish.

There's a healthy distrust of the media, and then there's paranoia. By instilling the latter in his supporters, Trump has become part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum