Bethea's Byte
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving I6KIB
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Announcements
Welcome guests and members to Bethea's Byte. To all guests of this site, please feel free to look things over, but you are encouraged to register and take part in discussing all news reports posted here. You are also encouraged, as a member to post your own news stories. You are also encouraged to debate these stories as well, especially in the political areas. All I ask is that no matter what side you're on, keep the debates civil. If you are joining us from another forum, affiliate with us. We are more than happy to check you out, join your site and participate with you as well. The Arcade is not set to keep score, but it is set for fun. So play the games and test your skills and your luck. Again, you are welcome here at Bethea's Byte. BYTE THIS!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Statistics
We have 24 registered users
The newest registered user is BestForums

Our users have posted a total of 1748 messages in 685 subjects
April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» How are you feeling right now?
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Yesterday at 11:54 am by Naiwen

» Best Forums.
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Yesterday at 12:12 am by BestForums

» Social Media Shut Down In Sri Lanka In Bid To Stem Misinformation
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:45 pm by The Last Outlaw

» ‘Panic Mode’: Witness Describes Aftermath of Sri Lanka Bombs
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm by The Last Outlaw

» 207 Dead, Including Several Americans, After Explosions Across Sri Lanka on Easter
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:21 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Last thing you ate/drank
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:35 pm by toetapping

» Jussie Smollett Has Allegedly Been Suffering From 'Night Terrors'
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:04 pm by The Last Outlaw

» For Columbine Survivors, Life is About Finding 'That New Normal' 20 Years Later (FULL ARTICLE)
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:30 pm by The Last Outlaw

» What was the last movie you saw?
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:43 pm by Ravenfreak

» Mandy Moore, Busy Philipps & Megyn Kelly Come Through With Huge Donations for Louisiana Churches Destroyed by Arson (FULL ARTICLE)
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm by The Last Outlaw

» 'A New Level Of Inhumanity': Democrats Denounce White House Idea To Release Migrants In Sanctuary Cities
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:00 pm by The Last Outlaw

» CBS Staff Fear Network Doesn't Have Money To Keep Gayle King As Negotiations Drag On (FULL ARTICLE)
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:05 pm by The Last Outlaw

» George Conway Suggests Mueller Found Evidence of Collusion
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:21 pm by The Last Outlaw

» 'Princess of Arizona' Meghan McCain and Joy Behar React to 'SNL' Skit Mocking Their 'View' Drama (FULL ARTICLE)
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:39 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Phoenix Man Killed His Wife, 2 Children And Another Man Over Affair Suspicions, Police Say
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:53 am by The Last Outlaw

» Sudan's President Bashir overthrown
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:51 pm by The Last Outlaw

» POINT: Julian Assange Is An Activist, Not A Journalist COUNTERPOINT: Is Julian Assange Another Pentagon Papers Case?
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:11 am by The Last Outlaw

» Trump Shares Movie Trailer-Style Video Set To 'Dark Knight' Music
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 am by Spice

» City Sues 'Empire' Actor Jussie Smollett Over Costs Of Police Work Despite Dismissal Of Charges
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:33 am by The Last Outlaw

» Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Michelle Carter Who Encouraged Boyfriend's Suicide Is Dismissed (FULL ARTICLE)
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving Clock-10Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 pm by The Last Outlaw

Top posting users this week
Top posting users this month
Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

mindsConnected

IconSkouliki

Atrium

Atrium

Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Male Posts : 877
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving 1229
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving 2101

View user profile http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am

Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving I6ke0

From BBC News

BBC News wrote:
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving _105230590_caraccidentklfm96.7jpg

The Duke of Edinburgh has been involved in a car crash while driving near the Queen's Sandringham estate, Buckingham Palace has said.

Prince Philip, 97, was not injured in the accident, which happened as he drove a Land Rover out of a driveway onto the A149 shortly before 15:00 GMT.

The other car involved was a Kia. Two women in it needed hospital treatment - they have since been discharged.

Eyewitnesses said the duke's Land Rover overturned during the collision.

They said they helped the duke out of the vehicle. He was conscious but very, very shocked and shaken, they added.

Norfolk police said it was force policy to breath test drivers involved in collisions and both had provided negative readings.

The duke is back at Sandringham and has seen a doctor as a precaution.

A woman who drove past the crash scene - near Babingley, a small village north of King's Lynn in Norfolk - at around 15:40 said she saw an ambulance and "a heavy police presence".

"I was just going down the A149 … and saw a lot of blue flashing lights ahead," she said. "I saw a black, 4x4 type car on its side and me and my son were like 'oh my word, that doesn't look good'.

"Luckily it was just sort of on the side of the road, the road wasn't closed in any way.

"Obviously it looked quite smashed in. I'm quite amazed he [the duke] is okay actually."

Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving _105227810_sandrigham_accident_map640-nc

Norfolk police confirmed officers were called to the scene shortly before 3pm after a Land Rover and a Kia were involved in a collision.

It had previously been reported the duke had been driving a Range Rover.

The driver of the Kia suffered cuts, while the passenger sustained an arm injury, police said. Both were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.

A statement said the road remained open and both vehicles were recovered a short time later.

Nick Cobb, a long-time Babingley resident, was driving past with his 16-year-old daughter Emily at about 15:10 GMT when they spotted an overturned car about 100 yards from their house.

"The [Land Rover] was on its side on a private road.

"The other car was well into the hedge on the opposite side of the road.

"There was lots of debris in the road, lots of glass and lots of other cars, some police cars, some from the Sandringham Estate and about six ordinary looking cars that looked as though they had stopped to help.

Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving _105227812_mirror

"We only found out that it was the duke's car when we saw it on the news. The road was not blocked by the crash and was open when we came past."

The BBC's Nic Rigby, at the scene, says all that's left are pieces of broken glass and the remnants of a wing mirror.

It has been a chilly day, he adds, and there were small flurries of snow in parts of Norfolk, but nothing that troubled the county's roads.

The Queen and Prince Philip have been staying at the estate in Norfolk since Christmas.

The Archbishop of York, John Sentamu, tweeted a prayer in support to the duke, and later another one for the two other people involved in the accident.

I'm gonna leave this one wide open for your commentary.  We had something like this happen here in the United States.  A 97-year-old woman was rescued from her car before a train hit it and destroyed it.  I know that there are many who feel differently about the question I'm gonna pose here...

At what age should the elderly hand the keys over before something tragic happens?

Just Saying... and leaving this one here.
Prince Philip Unhurt in Crash While Driving I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum