Bethea's Byte
Brexit to be delayed? I6KIB
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Announcements
Welcome guests and members to Bethea's Byte. To all guests of this site, please feel free to look things over, but you are encouraged to register and take part in discussing all news reports posted here. You are also encouraged, as a member to post your own news stories. You are also encouraged to debate these stories as well, especially in the political areas. All I ask is that no matter what side you're on, keep the debates civil. If you are joining us from another forum, affiliate with us. We are more than happy to check you out, join your site and participate with you as well. The Arcade is not set to keep score, but it is set for fun. So play the games and test your skills and your luck. Again, you are welcome here at Bethea's Byte. BYTE THIS!
Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
Statistics
We have 25 registered users
The newest registered user is Bulletproof Phoenix

Our users have posted a total of 2233 messages in 933 subjects
December 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» 'Total Nonsense': Democrats Rip McConnell on Delaying USMCA Vote Until After Impeachment Trial
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Yesterday at 1:26 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Trump Trial 'First' Priority in January, Says Senate Leader
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Yesterday at 12:56 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Britt McHenry Sues Fox News, Saying Tyrus Sexually Harassed Her
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Yesterday at 12:20 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Camila Cabello: Why Dating Shawn Mendes Was ‘Kind of Weird’ at First
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:32 pm by The Last Outlaw

» How Republicans’ Latest Defenses of the Trump-Zelensky Call Fall Short
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Pelosi Announces Full Speed Ahead With Articles of Impeachment Against Trump
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am by The Last Outlaw

» Two Big Things That Could Save or Sink Trump in 2020
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:07 pm by The Last Outlaw

» What was the last movie you saw?
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:45 pm by Kyng

» Long Before Trump, Impeachment Loomed Over Multiple Presidents
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Russia Inquiry Review Is Expected to Undercut Trump Claim of F.B.I. Spying
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:48 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It'
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:26 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Netanyahu Indicted on Corruption Charges, Throwing His Future Into Doubt
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:00 am by The Last Outlaw

» The Party of Lying Liars
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:35 pm by The Last Outlaw

» How are you feeling right now?
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:59 am by Kyng

» 2019 UK General Election
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 am by Kyng

» New Testimony Ties Trump More Directly to Ukraine Pressure Campaign
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:44 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Top White House Official Told Congress ‘There Was No Doubt’ Trump Sought Quid Pro Quo With Ukrainians
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:44 pm by The Last Outlaw

» ‘The View’ vs. Donald Trump Jr.: Loud, Low Blows, Politics, Scandals And Great TV
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:47 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Dog the Bounty Hunter Remembers Late Wife Beth on Her 52nd Birthday
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 am by The Last Outlaw

» What kind of White House Press Secretary Calls Her Boss’ Critics Human Scum? Stephanie Grisham.
Brexit to be delayed? Clock-10Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:31 am by The Last Outlaw

Top posting users this week
Top posting users this month
Notifications
    Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte


    Bethea's Byte

    Anti-Spam Bots!

    Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!






    The Coffee House


    Planet Nexus


    mindsConnected


    IconSkouliki


    Atrium


    Atrium

    Brexit to be delayed?

    View previous topic View next topic Go down

    Kyng
    VIP Member
    VIP Member
    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2018-05-30
    Status :
    Brexit to be delayed? 1229
    Brexit to be delayed? 2101

    PostKyng on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:16 pm

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47660019

    The UK could be offered a Brexit delay to 22 May on the condition MPs approve the PM's deal next week, a draft European Council document says.

    EU leaders are still in discussions in Brussels over the UK's request to postpone the 29 March exit date by three months.

    However there have been reports that an extension could be offered until 7 May only.

    The draft document says no extension is possible beyond the European elections.

    In Brussels, Prime Minister Theresa May spoke to leaders to try to get their backing for a delay, after MPs twice rejected the withdrawal deal she has negotiated with the European Union.




    Okay - so, on the one hand, May's deal has been voted down twice by Parliament, by large margins. On the other hand, if the EU sticks to its guns, and Parliament sticks to its guns, then we'll crash out of the EU without a deal next Friday - and both sides are very keen to avoid that.

    So, who - if anybody - will capitulate?
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Male Posts : 1163
    Age : 43
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :
    Brexit to be delayed? 1229
    Brexit to be delayed? 2101

    http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

    PostThe Last Outlaw on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 pm

    @Kyng wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47660019

    The UK could be offered a Brexit delay to 22 May on the condition MPs approve the PM's deal next week, a draft European Council document says.

    EU leaders are still in discussions in Brussels over the UK's request to postpone the 29 March exit date by three months.

    However there have been reports that an extension could be offered until 7 May only.

    The draft document says no extension is possible beyond the European elections.

    In Brussels, Prime Minister Theresa May spoke to leaders to try to get their backing for a delay, after MPs twice rejected the withdrawal deal she has negotiated with the European Union.




    Okay - so, on the one hand, May's deal has been voted down twice by Parliament, by large margins. On the other hand, if the EU sticks to its guns, and Parliament sticks to its guns, then we'll crash out of the EU without a deal next Friday - and both sides are very keen to avoid that.

    So, who - if anybody - will capitulate?

    They had it, then they didn't, now it's close to being done again. Keep us up to date with this one, @Kyng!

    _________________
    Brexit to be delayed? IEImRBrexit to be delayed? IEoIn
    Brexit to be delayed? Nexads420
    Kyng
    VIP Member
    VIP Member
    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2018-05-30
    Status :
    Brexit to be delayed? 1229
    Brexit to be delayed? 2101

    PostKyng on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:26 pm

    @The Last Outlaw wrote:
    @Kyng wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47660019

    The UK could be offered a Brexit delay to 22 May on the condition MPs approve the PM's deal next week, a draft European Council document says.

    EU leaders are still in discussions in Brussels over the UK's request to postpone the 29 March exit date by three months.

    However there have been reports that an extension could be offered until 7 May only.

    The draft document says no extension is possible beyond the European elections.

    In Brussels, Prime Minister Theresa May spoke to leaders to try to get their backing for a delay, after MPs twice rejected the withdrawal deal she has negotiated with the European Union.




    Okay - so, on the one hand, May's deal has been voted down twice by Parliament, by large margins. On the other hand, if the EU sticks to its guns, and Parliament sticks to its guns, then we'll crash out of the EU without a deal next Friday - and both sides are very keen to avoid that.

    So, who - if anybody - will capitulate?

    They had it, then they didn't, now it's close to being done again.  Keep us up to date with this one, @Kyng!
    Well, I'd love to keep you up to date, but I don't know any better than you do!

    Parliament has rejected May's deal; they've rejected leaving without a deal; they've rejected leaving with a customs union; and they've rejected staying in the EU, so there doesn't seem to be a lot left...
    Kyng
    VIP Member
    VIP Member
    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2018-05-30
    Status :
    Brexit to be delayed? 1229
    Brexit to be delayed? 2101

    PostKyng on Wed May 22, 2019 3:48 pm

    As of right now, Brexit has been delayed until 31st October.

    In the mean time, May is still trying to get her deal through Parliament (after it's already been voted down three times) - and, this time, she's telling MPs that, if they pass her deal, then they can vote on a second EU referendum:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48357017

    Of course, this is going down in flames. The Brexiteers think she's making too many concessions, and the Remainers think she's not going far enough.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Male Posts : 1163
    Age : 43
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :
    Brexit to be delayed? 1229
    Brexit to be delayed? 2101

    http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

    PostThe Last Outlaw on Wed May 22, 2019 3:51 pm

    @Kyng wrote:As of right now, Brexit has been delayed until 31st October.

    In the mean time, May is still trying to get her deal through Parliament (after it's already been voted down three times) - and, this time, she's telling MPs that, if they pass her deal, then they can vote on a second EU referendum:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48357017

    Of course, this is going down in flames. The Brexiteers think she's making too many concessions, and the Remainers think she's not going far enough.

    My simple question is this: What does the "Brexiteers" want and what does the "Remainers" want and how can both sides come together so that they can both be satisfied?

    _________________
    Brexit to be delayed? IEImRBrexit to be delayed? IEoIn
    Brexit to be delayed? Nexads420
    Kyng
    VIP Member
    VIP Member
    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2018-05-30
    Status :
    Brexit to be delayed? 1229
    Brexit to be delayed? 2101

    PostKyng on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:07 pm

    Well, it seems there won't be any more delays, and we're going to leave on 31st October. Indeed, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has gone as far as to suspend Parliament for over a month:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49493632

    It's true that it's normal for new Prime Ministers to suspend Parliament shortly after joining - but, usually, it's only for a few days (or a couple of weeks at most). The fact that he's doing it for over a month just smacks of an attempt to ram through a harmful no-deal Brexit >_< .

    Granted, Parliament has been completely useless at resolving the Brexit deadlock (they've been given a bunch of options on how to handle Brexit - and they've rejected every single one of them). But, I really don't think this is going to solve anything, unless we somehow enter an age of economic prosperity. But, if this no-deal Brexit leads to the country's economy tanking (as all the experts are predicting), then there are going to be a lot of people who are very angry with how it was brought about.
    Sponsored content

    PostSponsored content

    View previous topic View next topic Back to top

    Create an account or log in to leave a reply

    You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

    Create an account

    Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!


    Create a new account

    Log in

    Already have an account? No problem, log in here.


    Log in

     
    Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum