Bethea's Byte
Announcements
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. | Here is the place you can talk about the topics of the day, have respectful debates, or just air your thoughts and concerns that concern you. || Site Announcements: | Welcome to our newest members, JazzyYaketys and Jackster! We hope you will take part in posting of the topics of the day and just enjoy yourselves. | November 22 is a day to relax, reflect and above all else, give thanks for everything and everyone in our lives. Be safe and enjoy this day of Thanksgiving! Be blessed, friends. || BYTE THIS!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:30 am
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s Assassination
Yesterday at 9:03 am by JazzyYaketys

» How Offended Are We? Depends On Our Opinions These Days.
Yesterday at 8:32 am by JazzyYaketys

» The metric vs imperial measurements Systems
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:17 am by Naiwen

» President Trump Says He 'Should Have' Attended Veterans Day Ceremony In Rare Display Of Regret
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:34 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Judge Orders White House To Return Acosta Pass
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 am by The Last Outlaw

» Florida Recount: DeSantis Looks Certain To Win Governor’s Race; Senate Contest Goes To A Manual Recount
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Democrat Porter Flips GOP House seat in Southern California
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm by The Last Outlaw

» What are your plans for the day.
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm by Naiwen

» 'You're A Terrorist,' Says Note Sent To 10-Year-Old Muslim Schoolgirl In Massachusetts
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Last thing you ate/drank
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm by toetapping

» What are you looking forward to right now?
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm by Naiwen

» FOX News Backs CNN’s Lawsuit Against Trump Administration
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am by The Last Outlaw

» CNN Tried to Make Peace Before Suing Trump Over Jim Acosta
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:15 pm by The Last Outlaw

» The White House Is Changing Its Tune On Why It Yanked Jim Acosta’s Press Pass
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:41 pm by The Last Outlaw

» My Dream Diary!
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm by Naiwen

» America's Most Trusted TV News Anchors Revealed (Exclusive Poll)
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Arizona US Senate Seat
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Favorite Movie Company?
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:23 pm by Mozzie

» Ousted Minnesota Republican Faults McCain For Losing House
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:10 pm by The Last Outlaw

» ‘We Are Armed Now’: In Kentucky, Shootings Leave A Black Church And The White Community Around It Shaken
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 am by The Last Outlaw

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

The Coffee House

The Friendly Bunch

Planet Nexus

Dynamik

Friendly Faces

mindsConnected

IconSkouliki

Atrium

Atrium

Woman Who Killed 2 Teen Girls While Texting Sentenced To 6 Years In Prison

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Male Posts : 451

View user profile http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com

PostThe Last Outlaw on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 am

From The Associated Press

The Associated Press wrote:

An Ohio woman who drifted off a road while texting and struck and killed two teenage girls has been sentenced to six years in prison.

Twenty-five-year-old Natasha Boggs, of New Franklin, asked for forgiveness before being sentenced Friday in Akron.

Boggs pleaded guilty in March to two counts of involuntary manslaughter, and one count each of vehicular assault and attempted tampering with evidence for the deaths of 14-year-old Taylor Galloway, of Akron, and 14-year-old Amber Thoma, of Coventry Township, in May 2017. A 15-year-old boy was seriously injured.

They were struck alongside a road with no sidewalks in Summit County’s Coventry Township.

The Akron Beacon Journal reports Angela Galloway, Taylor's mother, was emotional when she spoke before the courtroom.

"Natasha robbed my daughter of the life she should have had," Galloway said. "I will never see Taylor grow up. No prom or graduation, falling in love for the first time or a family of her own."

Boggs cried as Galloway called her selfish, saying she deleted texts from her phone immediately after the deadly collision. The Galloway family urged the judge to give Boggs the maximum sentence of nine years behind bars.

Angela Galloway was unmoved by Boggs' crying.

“Those tears are not for Taylor. They are tears for Natasha and loss of freedom,” Galloway said. “We are facing life alone and she gets maybe nine years. Where’s the justice in that? … I don’t think nine years is too much to ask for the lives of two beautiful girls.”

Boggs addressed family members with a shaky voice.

“I just want to say I’m truly sorry. I never meant for anything to happen,” she said. “I can’t forgive myself. I’m truly sorry.”

Defense attorney Daniel Funk argued that Boggs was not speeding, drunk or impaired at the time of the crash.

“This is a tragedy for all,” he said. “This is an accident. Nothing more. Nothing less. This is awful.”

Boggs received credit for the 11 months she’s spent in jail, making her prison sentence just over five years. Her driver’s license was suspended for five years.

Natasha Boggs should have received more time, but what do I know about Ohio law?  I will say and disagree with the statement by Boggs' Defense Attorney, Daniel Funk.  He said that Boggs was not speeding, not drunk and not impaired at the time of the crash.  Maybe she wasn't speeding.  Maybe she wasn't drunk, but common sense would tell you that she was impaired when she was on her phone texting.  And if you are on your phone texting, chances are, you are NOT watching the road, which makes you, by road legal definition, IMPAIRED!  Your judgment is impaired. You are not paying attention to what is going on or who is on the road around you or even in front of you.

Just saying.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum