Bethea's Byte Reloaded
An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:53 pm

An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash I5Bn3

From People Magazine

Karen Mizoguchi of People Magazine wrote:

KOBE BRYANT

An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash $

The Jan. 26 helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, claimed the life of Bryant, 41, and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna. They are survived by wife and mother of four Vanessa, 37, as well as daughters and siblings Natalia, 17, Bianka, 3, and Capri, 7 months.

Bryant entered the NBA straight out of high school in the 1996 draft, becoming the first guard ever drafted directly out school. During his two decades with the Los Angeles Lakers, he went on to become an 18-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA team and 12-time All-Defensive team member.

In 2008, he was named NBA’s Most Valuable Player. After losing the 2008 NBA Finals, Bryant helped lead the Lakers to championships in both 2009 and 2010, earning him the Finals MVP award.

Bryant retired from the NBA after his 2015-2016 season, capping off his final game with 60 points. Then, he made a successful transition as an entrepreneur through his companies, even becoming the first NBA star to win an Oscar.

In addition, he spoke of the joys of coaching his daughter Gianna and the Mamba Academy team she played on with her middle school friends.

GIANNA BRYANT

An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash $

The 13-year-old and her father were headed to a travel basketball game, ESPN reported, adding that the other passengers in the aircraft were her teammates and their parents.

Weeks before their deaths, Bryant proudly spoke about how he had recently started watching NBA games again because of his daughter. "We just had so much fun because it was the first time I was seeing the game through her eyes," the five-time NBA champion told former NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson on the Showtime Basketball podcast All the Smoke. "It wasn't me sitting there, you know, as an athlete or a player or something like that, and you know it’s like about me, and I don't like that. It was her, she was having such a good time."

And Gianna wished to continue her father's legacy, according to Bryant. "The best thing that happens is when we go out and fans come up to me, and she’ll be standing next to me, and they’ll be like, 'You gotta have a boy, you and [wife Vanessa] gotta have a boy, somebody else to carry on the tradition, the legacy,' " he said in a 2018 Jimmy Kimmel Live interview. "She's like, 'Oh, I got this. You don’t need a boy for that. I got this.' I'm like, 'That's right, yes you do. You got this.' "

SARAH CHESTER

Sarah and her daughter Payton Chester, of Orange County, were also on board the aircraft.

Sarah is survived by her husband Chris and her two sons, Hayden and Riley, who are in 10th grade.

St. Margaret's Episcopal School confirmed the news in a memo obtained by PEOPLE, in which the school said Payton was enrolled in eighth grade and Sarah served on its board of trustees.

"This is an unimaginable loss for the Chester family and the entire St. Margaret's community," read the memo. "We are a community in mourning. Our greatest strength is when our St. Margaret's community pulls together with arms around one another, and this is one of those times."

PAYTON CHESTER

Payton was one of Gianna Bryant's teammates on the Mamba Sports Academy girls basketball team.

Todd Schmidt, who identified himself as Payton's elementary school principal, wrote on Facebook that Payton and her mom Sarah were "two gorgeous human beings."

Schmidt told PEOPLE, "Payton was one of those kids that everyone was drawn to because she was so genuinely kind," also adding, "She went out of her way to make sure people felt comfortable – she would seek out that kiddo who was alone and include them."

CHRISTINA MAUSER

Mauser, who was on board the helicopter when it crashed, was a girls basketball coach at Harbor Day School in Orange County and a coach for the Mamba Academy.

Her husband Matt confirmed the tragic news, writing on Facebook, "My kids and I are devastated. We lost our beautiful wife and mom today in a helicopter crash. Please respect our privacy. Thank you for all the well wishes they mean so much."

The mayor of Costa Mesa, Katrina Foley, also confirmed the news, tweeting, "I just learned that our amazing Matt Mauser of TiajuanaDogs lost his wife Christina in the crash. She coached the girls team. This devastating tragedy gets worse by the hour. So much pain for so many local families. Our hearts are broken & grieving for the families impacted."

JOHN ALTOBELLI

Altobelli, who was the head baseball coach at Orange Coast College, was also on board the aircraft alongside wife Keri Altobelli and their daughter, Alyssa Altobelli, the school confirmed in a statement on their website.

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of Orange Coast College head baseball coach John Altobelli. He was a coach, a colleague, a mentor and a friend at OCC for 27 years," the school — which is located in Costa Mesa — wrote. "Orange Coast College asks the media and the public to respect the privacy of John’s family and friends during this difficult time."

John's brother, Tony Altobelli, told PEOPLE, "I'm numb right now, I'm numb, I'm broken, I'm going to miss him terribly. He was my brother, he was my idol growing up, also my idol as an adult. You want to live my brother did, he was straight and narrow, he worked hard and he earned the respect of everybody who ever knew him and he left a legacy that will go way beyond his time spent in Orange Coast. I don't know how you can not want to live a life like that."

KERI ALTOBELLI

Keri and her husband John were also parents to daughter Alexis Altobelli and son J.J. Altobelli, who works as a scout for the Red Sox.

A GoFundMe page for the Altobelli family was created by the Red Sox. "Most devastating to our Red Sox family, John, Keri, and Alyssa were the father, stepmother and younger sister of one of our scouts, J.J. Altobelli," a statement read.

ALYSSA ALTOBELLI

Alyssa was a teammate of Gianna Bryant's.

Their coach Kobe Bryant raved about Alyssa's basketball talent in November, writing on Instagram, "This is GREAT defense by our mamba pg Alyssa Altobelli."

ARA ZOBAYAN

Zobayan of Huntington Beach, California, was piloting the aircraft, PEOPLE confirmed.

"He was as skilled and as talented as a pilot as you could get. With him, it was always safety first and above and beyond that, he was doing what he loved," said Adam Alexander, who called Zobayan a former instructor.

A source told PEOPLE that Zobayan was "extremely experienced" as a pilot. "He had a lot of respect for flying and would never take risks. He knew the valley very well. The area where they crashed was not a new area for him. He was very familiar with that area," the source said. "It's just such a shock. There are no words to express how much Ara will be missed and how sad everyone is about the passengers that died. It's just such a painful tragedy. So many families affected and so much pain."

May almighty God give the families of this tragedy peace and let the souls of these people rest in His eternal peace.

An NBA Legend, Loving Parents, 3 Teens & a Pilot: All 9 Victims of the Calabasas Helicopter Crash I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum