Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy I5Bn3

From The Blast

Zachary Holt of The Blast wrote:Things seem to be settling down amid the Kobe Bryant remark controversy that was generated by CBS network host, Gayle King, during an interview with WNBA legend, Lisa Leslie. In the wake of the comments made by the host, which asked Leslie about Bryant's sexual assault charges, celebrities and people on social media came after King and condemned the manner in which she was framing the late-Bryant. Rapper, Snoop Dogg, was especially critical of King, going on a derogatory rant on social media. He has since apologized, and King has now responded to that apology.

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy BB102B7R

Snoop Dogg Goes on Profane and Vitriolic Rant, Condemning King

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy BB102B81

In his initial condemnation, Snoop used a litany of profanity calling into question why she was going after Bryant and other successful African-American men, while ignoring those that are Caucasian, accused or charged with similar crimes, i.e., Harvey Weinstein. For the rapper, it was hypocritical and detrimental to the Black community.

"Gayle King, you’re out of pocket for that s***," he began in his rant. "Way out of pocket. What do you gain from that? We expect more from you Gayle. Don’t you hang out with Oprah [Winfrey]?"

"Why are you all attacking us? We’re your people. You don’t come after Harvey Weinstein, asking those dumba** questions. I’m sick of y’all. Funky doghead bi***. How dare you try to torch my homeboy’s reputation, punk motherf*****. Respect the family and back off, b****, before we come get you," Snoop concluded.

Snoop Offers Apology For Comments After Consulting Mother

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy BB102rQM

The vitriolic thrashing made by Snoop and others, including 50 Cent, resulted in King receiving death threats and even having to increase the security presence she has when out in public. Her best friend, Oprah Winfrey, spoke about the harmful comments King had been receiving since the clip from her interview with Leslie was aired.

But like most things, time allows overreactions to calm down and clarity to take over. This week, Snoop reached out to King through another video, where he emphatically apologized for the comments he made toward the CBS host.

'Two Wrongs Dont Make No Right. When You're Wrong, You Gotta Fix It'

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy BB102xan

"Two wrongs don’t make no right," Snoop began in his apology video. "When you’re wrong, you gotta fix it. So with that being said, Gayle King, I publicly tore you down by coming at you in a derogatory manner based off emotions…me being angry at questions that you asked. Overreacted."

"Should have handled it way different than that. I was raised way better than that. So I would like to apologize to you publicly for the language that I used and calling you out of your name and just being disrespectful," he continued.

The Gin and Juice rapper also shared that he had consulted with his mother, and that he would like to have a one-on-one chat with King at some point in the near future.

King Responds to Snoop's Apology, Speaks on Difficulty of Journalism

Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy BB102xar

King heard that apology and provided a response herself. "I accept the apology and understand the raw emotions caused by this tragic loss," she said in a statement to The Associated Press. "As a journalist, it is sometimes challenging to balance doing my job with the emotions and feelings during difficult times. I don’t always get it perfect but I’m constantly striving to do it with compassion and integrity," she concluded.

Other notable people such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar have made comments on the need for the Black community to maintain unity in order to act as a good influence for the younger generations that are looking up to these high-profile people.

I'm glad Snoop Dogg and Gayle King were able to make amends on this. Good job on Snoop for owning up to his error and apologizing for it, and good job on Gayle King for maintaining her level of poise and integrity throughout. If we could all handle situations like this we'd be in a better place than we are right now.

Just Saying.
    Gayle King Provides Response to Snoop Dogg's Apology Amid Kobe Bryant Comment Controversy I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum