Bethea's Byte
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' I6KIB
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
WELCOME TO BETHEA'S BYTE
To all guests of this site, please feel free to look things over, but you are encouraged to register and take part in discussing all news reports posted here. You are also encouraged, as a member to post your own news stories. You are also encouraged to debate these stories as well, especially in the political areas. All I ask is that no matter what side you're on, keep the debates civil. If you are joining us from another forum, affiliate with us. We are more than happy to check you out, join your site and participate with you as well. The Arcade is not set to keep score, but it is set for fun. So play the games and test your skills and your luck. Again, you are welcome here at Bethea's Byte. BYTE THIS!
Latest topics
» hello everyone
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Yesterday at 4:18 pm by Kyng

» Disney Drops 'Fox' Name and Will Rebrand Its Movie Studio as '20th Century'
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Yesterday at 4:13 pm by The Last Outlaw

» How are you feeling right now?
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Yesterday at 4:11 pm by Kyng

» ‘Once This Is Over, We’ll Be Kings’: How Lev Parnas Worked His Way Into Trump’s World — And Now Is Rattling It
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:19 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Breaks His Silence on His Father’s Death at 75: ‘I’m in Pain’
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:19 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Ex-White House Ethics Chief Calls McConnell A 'Perjurer' After Senator Takes Impeachment Oath: He Said 'The Exact Opposite'
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Senate Opens Impeachment Trial Against President Trump: Chief Justice John Roberts Sworn In
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:24 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Impeachment Managers Deliver Charges to Senate, Paving the Way for Trial
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Impeachment Manager Val Demings Has Called For McConnell's Recusal From Senate Trial
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:50 pm by The Last Outlaw

» What was the last movie you saw?
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:27 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:26 pm by Kyng

» Putin Moves to Shore Up Power as Medvedev Resigns
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:25 pm by Kyng

» The All-Brown Royal Family Outfits: Are They Sending Us A Message?
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:23 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Rocky Johnson Dead: The Rock's Wrestler Dad Passes Away at Age 75
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:53 pm by The Last Outlaw

» 'Jeopardy!: The Greatest of All Time' Crowns Ken Jennings Winner
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:16 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Reveals Class of 2020
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Meghan Markle Steps Out For The First Time Since Stepping Back as a Senior Royal
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:41 am by The Last Outlaw

» House Votes to Send Trump Impeachment to Senate For Trial
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:26 am by The Last Outlaw

» McConnell, Schumer Issue Ground Rules For Impeachment Trial
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am by The Last Outlaw

» Pelosi Announces House Impeachment Managers to Prosecute Case Against Trump
Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' Clock-10Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:44 am by The Last Outlaw

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is justjane

Our users have posted a total of 2334 messages in 1004 subjects
January 2020
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Notifications
    Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki

Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Male Posts : 1271
    Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' BgLx6
    Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' BgMuy

https://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:38 pm

From Gary Levin of USA Today

Alex Trebek is ready to host the Jeopardy! Greatest of All Time tournament, taping early next month. But he bravely continues to battle Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which has sidelined and depleted him at times and led the show to shift its production schedule to accommodate him.

"I'm feeling OK," he says, sounding upbeat in a recent phone interview. "Some days are better than others. I still have the effects of the chemotherapy; I’ve now had, I think, nine or 10 sessions. So it’s wearing on me. but I don't have any choice. I just have to stick with it, and hopefully they’re going to find a new drug that will enable me to grow my hair back. That will be something I will be very happy" about.

Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' $

The new tournament will pit the show's three biggest winners – James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter – as they play three to seven matches in a race for $1 million. Two matches (four games total) will be taped each day in early December.

Trebek, 79, says pure adrenaline is keeping him going.

"I leave home and I’m in terrible shape sometimes," he says, calling from Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California, where Jeopardy! is taped. "And then I get here, and I get in the studio and I get hair and makeup done and get my wardrobe on, and the adrenaline kicks in and I go out onstage and it’s exciting for me, and it seems to work. I have to push myself;  I work harder than I did before, because it’s harder for me to concentrate with all the chemo and stuff. I feel dull, and I tire easily, but that’s OK."

As Trebek juggles the side effects that come with chemo, including temporarily weakened eyesight, an outpouring of support by fans and contestants has touched him. Dhruv Gaur, a semifinalist on this month's Tournament of Champions, wrote a message of support for his Final Jeopardy! response, sparking a viral hashtag #WeLoveYouAlex.  

"It surprised me on the show, obviously. And it got an awful lot of press," he says, ever mindful of the attention over his health and the quiz show, which he's hosted since its current syndicated version premiered in 1984. "I was thrown for a loop there. I started to tear up, but that’s OK; I tear up over a lot of things."

A play-along fundraising drive, organized by semifinalist and former champion Steven Grade for last week's tournament final rounds, has so far raised more than $53,000 for the Lustgarten Foundation for pancreatic cancer research.

VIP Member
    VIP Member
    Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' 1229
    Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' 2101

PostKyng on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Very sad to hear this is still proving to be a major struggle for him - but then, I guess that's what cancer's like. It's just merciless :'( .

Good luck to him on beating this Smile !
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Male Posts : 1271
    Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' BgLx6
    Alex Trebek on Cancer Battle: 'It's Wearing on Me ... But I Just Have to Stick With It' BgMuy

https://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:26 pm

@Kyng wrote:Very sad to hear this is still proving to be a major struggle for him - but then, I guess that's what cancer's like. It's just merciless :'( .

Good luck to him on beating this Smile !

Now you see why I say with every fiber of my being I HATE CANCER!

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum