Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:46 pm

Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church I5Bn3

From CBS News

Christopher Brito of CBS News wrote:A Louisiana pastor held a church service Tuesday night with hundreds of congregants despite an order from the state's governor banning gatherings of more than 50 people. The pastor, Reverend Tony Spell, told CBS affiliate WAFB that the coronavirus, which has killed at least 109 people in the United States, is "not a concern."

Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church BB11njwz

Spell said police showed up at Life Tabernacle Church in East Baton Rouge Parish following the service and told him the National Guard would break up any future services larger than 50 people.

"It's not a concern," Spell told WAFB. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Like many other state and city leaders throughout the nation, Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards banned any gatherings of more than 50 people to reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus — a restriction that applies to religious congregations. The Trump administration is now urging Americans to avoid gatherings with more than 10 people, and many churches around the country have canceled services for the time being.

However, Spell said 305 people attended the Tuesday night service and boasted that more people attended on Sunday.

"I had 1,170 in attendance Sunday," Spell said. "We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five parish area," he said.

Bel Edwards announced the ban during a news conference over the weekend. "I'm a person of faith," the governor said. "I happen to believe very much in the awesome power of prayer. I also believe in science, and the scientists at the CDC say that the measures we are taking will minimize the spread."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released updated guidelines on Sunday that recommended against "large events and mass gatherings" that can contribute the spread of COVID-19.

The number of deaths from coronavirus jumped from 90 to 109 on Tuesday alone, the deadliest day yet in America's outbreak. The global death toll is over 7,950.

I too believe in the power of prayer. I also believe in being careful. If we want to slow down the spread of this disease, we have to take precautionary measures. That's why I'm thankful for my Pastor. Sure, our church will have to keep its doors closed for now, but that's not gonna stop us from having worship and mid-week Bible studies, etc. If this Pastor cares for the people he is serving with God's Word, he would follow the guidelines. As far as his notion that the COVID-19 virus is politically motivated, there are 7,950 families who can attest that this virus has no respect of political party.

Just Saying
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church I6goy
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church I5Bn3

From NBC News

Janelle Griffith of NBC News wrote:A Louisiana pastor is apparently defying the governor's order against gatherings of more than 50 people by hosting over 1,000 churchgoers at a service Sunday and bringing together hundreds at another service Tuesday, according to the pastor and local media.

Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church BB11HBOV

The pastor, Rev. Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, said he does not believe his congregation is at risk of getting COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus, according to CBS affiliate WAFB.

"It's not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Spell said 1,170 attended his service Sunday, according to WAFB.

"We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five-parish area," he said.

Spell also told the outlet that police showed up at the church after the service Tuesday night and informed him the National Guard would break up any future gatherings that exceed 50 people.

Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church BB11FKga

But a National Guard spokesman in Baton Rouge told NBC News on Wednesday it is not involved in the matter and has no role in enforcing social distancing requirements as set by Gov. John Bel Edwards.

Spell did not immediately return a request for an interview Wednesday.

NBC News reached out to the Central Police Department about the apparent violation of the governor's order but did not immediately hear back.

An online petition calling for Spell to be arrested and prosecuted has more than 4,000 signatures. The petition claims 1,800 people attended Spell's service on Sunday.

The petition says the pastor should be "charged with 1800 counts of reckless endangerment for a start, for the countless lives he will be brutalizing and even ending with his selfishness and ignorance."

On March 15, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that gatherings of 50 people or more — including conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events and weddings, — be canceled or postponed for the next 8 weeks to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

A day later, President Donald Trump announced that his administration recommended all Americans, "including the young and healthy," avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, discretionary travel and eating and drinking at bars and restaurants. That same day, the Louisiana governor announced he was taking "significant measures" of his own.

"Following additional guidance from the CDC, gatherings of more than 50 people are no longer permitted," Gov. Edwards said in his March 16 announcement. "These limitations were difficult to make, but they are necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19, protect the health of Louisianans and flatten the curve."

Edwards went further on Sunday, issuing a stay-at-home order for the state.

He said Tuesday that his state has more coronaviruses per capita than any others except New York and Washington, and he requested that the federal government declare Louisiana a major disaster.

More than 1,300 cases of the coronavirus had been reported in Louisiana as of noon Wednesday and at least 46 deaths.

The last time I post a VERY similar article, I said this:

The Last Outlaw wrote:I too believe in the power of prayer. I also believe in being careful. If we want to slow down the spread of this disease, we have to take precautionary measures. That's why I'm thankful for my Pastor. Sure, our church will have to keep its doors closed for now, but that's not gonna stop us from having worship and mid-week Bible studies, etc. If this Pastor cares for the people he is serving with God's Word, he would follow the guidelines. As far as his notion that the COVID-19 virus is politically motivated, there are 7,950 families who can attest that this virus has no respect of political party.
    Not only do I stand by that statement, I further believe that this man, this pastor, this leader is putting the people he is shepherding in danger. Let me reiterate this. This coronavirus and the COVID-19 disease is not politically motivated as this pastor claims. This thing is kinda like cancer as far as it's attitude goes. What do I mean by this? If you are Male or Female, the coronavirus/COVID-19 could care less. Elderly or young, the coronavirus/COVID-19 could care less. You can be the average Joe or (as we found out today) the Prince of Wales, the coronavirus/COVID-19 could care less. This last point, I'm directing to Pastor Tony Spell because I believe you, sir, are putting your people in danger. This coronavirus/COVID-19 disease is not Democratic. It's not Republican. It's VERY Independent, as it doesn't care. Translation: YOU TOO CAN GET IT. YOUR CONGREGATION CAN GET IT. YOU ALL CAN SPREAD IT AND MAKE MATTERS WORSE FOR YOURSELVES!

This past Sunday, my church building was closed, but we still were able to reach out to our people and have church. We live streamed the service on Facebook as well as have our fellow members on our conference prayer line. We will do it again on this coming Sunday. As we do so, we will maintain the safety precautions to execute this. I can give praise to God first for the leader we have in Pastor Ronnie Brooks. I praise him for being that leader for coming up with this idea and said we would do this until we got the "all clear" from authorities. So yes, we can still reach God's people, and be safe about it too.

Just Saying.
    Pastor Defies Coronavirus Ban As Hundreds Attend Church I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum