Bethea's Byte Reloaded
White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed May 27, 2020 2:13 pm

White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says I5Bn3

White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says FYeR6

Kerry Burke and Nancy Dillon of the New York Daily News wrote:NEW YORK — The white woman who called cops on a black man in Central Park went to “a racist place,” but she doesn’t deserve threats on her life, the man she targeted told The New York Daily News.

Christian Cooper said it was a “stressful encounter” when he asked Amy Cooper to leash her dog Monday and she not only refused but whipped out her phone, called 911 and told police an African American man was threatening her life.

“Where she went was a racist place. That action was racist. Does that make her a racist? I can’t answer that. Only she can with what she does going forward,” the avid birder and former Marvel Comics editor said.

“Maybe she was trying to gain an advantage. She went there, and she needs to reflect on what she did,” he said.

Christian Cooper, 57, spoke to The New York Daily News from the roof of his Manhattan building Tuesday, just hours after financial firm Franklin Templeton said it terminated Amy Cooper after conducting an internal review of the caught-on-video confrontation.

White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says BB14DyHs

“I’m not sure how I feel about that,” he said of her firing.

“I can’t see how that addresses the underlying issues. I think it’s important to move beyond this instance and this one individual. Too much focus has been put on her when it really is about the underlying issues that have plagued this city and this country for centuries. Racial issues,” he said.

A graduate of Harvard University’s class of 1984, Christian Cooper suggested he’s willing to reconsider his assessment of Amy Cooper based on her actions going forward.

“I don’t think she was thinking in that moment. I’m very upset she’s getting death threats. That’s antithetical to the appropriate response,” he said.

“If you’re upset that she put my life in danger by trying to bring the cops down on a black man, then how can you turn around and make a death threat? That makes no sense. It’s downright awful,” he told The Daily News.

The video Christian Cooper shot in Central Park’s beloved Ramble Monday has been viewed more than 30 million times online and generated widespread outrage.

In a Facebook post, Christian said he started filming after Amy made it clear she had no intention of leashing her cocker spaniel Henry, even though Christian pointed out a sign declaring that was the rule.

Christian said he started to offer her dog a treat to hopefully entice her to reconsider when she went ballistic and said she was “calling the cops.”

“I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life,” she says as she starts to dial.

“I’m in the Ramble, and there’s a man, African American,” she tells the operator, her voice rising with hysteria.

“I’m being threatened,” she starts to yell. “Please send the cops immediately!”

Her dog, Henry, is seen thrashing in the video, apparently gasping for air as he was held aloft by his collar in a position that appeared to choke him.

White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says BB14DSNy

Christian said he was adamant about Amy leashing her dog because he’s a dedicated conservationist and board member with the New York City Audubon Society.

“It’s a longstanding problem in the Ramble. It is a protected space. The Ramble is a jewel, a remarkable green and growing place that hosts an array of wildlife,” he told The Daily News.

“There are clearly posted rules. Dogs have to be on leashes. If there had been regular enforcement, Ms. Cooper and I might have never had our dust-up,” he said.

“She was clearly in the wrong. If the police had come, hopefully they would have given her a ticket,” he said.

Attempts to reach Amy Cooper were not successful Tuesday.

I'm glad that Christian Cooper took the high road, but this wouldn't even been a story if Amy Cooper had complied with the rules about keeping her dog on a leash in the Ramble of Central Park. It wouldn't have been a story had she just went on about her business and he about his. This wouldn't have been a story if Amy Cooper's first reaction was not to call police on a black man just for him asking her to put a leash on her dog. No, this wouldn't have been a news story at all. But as always, racism has to rear its ugly head in to all things. The most simple thing has to be racist in nature. Why? If I had to explain it on another level, it could end up being another (non-necessary) news story.

Just Saying.
    White woman went to 'racist place' calling cops on black man in Central Park, but she doesn't deserve death threats, he says I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum