Bethea's Byte Reloaded
91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 am

91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" GTSA

From CNN

Paul Vercammen of CNN wrote:
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" AAzODi7

Tears glistened on the black and purple bruises covering 91-year-old Rodolfo Rodriguez's face as he described being attacked by a group of people while going for a walk on the Fourth of July.

"I can't walk anymore," Rodriguez said in Spanish. "I'm in so much pain."

He'll be turning 92 in September, Rodriguez said, and he's never been hurt like this before, in a life working the fields with cattle and corn.

He had traveled from Michoacan, Mexico, to visit his family in Willowbrook, California, a city in Los Angeles County, his grandson Erik Mendoza said.

He makes the trip about twice a year, and takes a walk through the neighborhood every day after lunch, Mendoza said. "Everyone in the neighborhood knows him already," he said.

Rodriguez said he was walking to a nearby park on Wednesday when he passed a woman and a little girl. Without warning, the woman assaulted him, he said, hitting him with a concrete block and enlisting a group of men to join in beating him.

"I didn't even bump into her kid," Rodriguez said. "I just passed her and she pushed me and she hit me until she was done."

"We are concerned, especially with the type of crime they committed," LA County Sheriff's Deputy D'Angelo Robinson told CNN affiliate KTLA. "There was what appears to be a 4-year-old child there who witnessed the entire thing. We can't have these kind of people like that out in the streets."

When reached by CNN, the LA County Sheriff's Office confirmed the attack took place but declined to comment further, saying it would soon be issuing a formal statement.

Misbel Borjas was driving by when she saw the woman hitting Rodriguez repeatedly in the head with a concrete block, she said.

"I heard her saying, go back to your country, go back to Mexico," she told CNN by phone. "When I tried to videotape her with my cell phone, she threw that same concrete block, tried to hit my car."

Police are looking for the woman and four men seen in Borjas' video, Robinson told KTLA.

Rodriguez said he doesn't remember when the woman picked up the concrete block, but he remembers being hit repeatedly. At one point, he says, the woman ran up to a group of men nearby and told them Rodriguez was trying to take her daughter away from her -- so the men joined her and started kicking him as he lay bleeding on the sidewalk, Rodriguez said.

"But that's not true," he said, through tears. "In the years I have been alive I have never offended anyone."

Mendoza said his grandfather suffered a broken jaw, broken cheekbones, two broken ribs and bruises on his face, back and abdomen. He spent five or six hours in the hospital, he said.

The family has started a GoFundMe campaign to help cover Rodriguez's medical costs.

As his grandfather laid back in a reclining chair at the family home, wearing a white T-shirt and blue plaid pajamas, Mendoza kissed him on one of the few places he hadn't been injured: the top of his head.

"We think we have an idea (on who the suspects are) but I just want police to find them," Mendoza said. "That's all our family wants, justice for our grandpa."

CNN's Andrea Diaz contributed to this report.

Sadly enough, this is the America we are living in now.  What happenned to the America that would encounter someone like this, even if they are just visiting relatives who live here, and say "If there is something you need, let me know.  I'm here for you"?  Right now, I feel like Sgt. Slaugther after his change of heart in 1992.  I feel like this is nothing close to "my country." This is not my country.  This is not my America.  I need my country.  I love my country. I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!"

Just saying.
    91-Year-Old Man Beaten With Brick, Told "Go Back To Your Country" R9Zf

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum