Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Free Byte: I Want My Country Back JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

4 posters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Free Byte: I Want My Country Back Rakv

Welcome to BETHEA'S BYTE: FREE BYTE. Over the last few months, I have seen the worst of America. I've heard about cops killing unarmed men even after they have surrendered. I've heard of children being separated from their families. I've heard about people calling police on people just for doing ordinary things like having a cookout, a child selling lemonade and swimming in a community pool, and one of those instances was violent in nature. And don't get me started about those needing refuge from their home countries due to extreme violence, murder... we are at a point of rolling UP the Welcome Mat, instead of rolling it out and saying, "I will help you."

America... where is your heart? Where is your soul?

I've always thought that we as a country and as a community should be united in the same cause. Sure we have laws, but somewhere should we not have compassion for our fellow man?

This is why rapper Eminem had called us at one time, "The Divided States of Embarrassment." Normally, I'd say this goes back to our leadership. There is an author who wrote about fighting for the soul of America, and he said that we have gone from "having a bully pulpit to having a bully in the pulpit." While I agree with that statement, I have to say that we are responsible too. If you want to stop hate, it begins with you. If you want to stop racism, it begins with you. If you want to stop fear-mongering, it begins, like the late great Michael Jackson said, with the "Man in the Mirror."

So I ask again. America... Where is your heart? Where is your soul?

It hurts me when I see and hear news stories like the ones I mentioned. I hurt worse when someone says there's nothing good about this country. I want to believe and I do believe that there is good in The United States of America. I've noticed this crazy trend of all this wrongdoing, but they are doing it to "Make America Great Again." If this is your idea of making America great again, then I must have been born in a Twilight Zone setting. The America that I was born in helps people. The America I was born in had each other's back. The America I was born in was United in action, not just by name only.

This is the America I know of. This is the America I have come to know. This is the America we should be. This is the America we need to be. We're not perfect, but we can be better than we are right now.

I want this America.

I need this America.

I love this America.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

Just saying.
    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back R9Zf
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Pfft, American's in general used to not get offended by anything. But now a days, most American's get offended left & right by crap that shouldn't even matter impo.

....................It's redonkulous if you ask me.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:22 pm

I'm not talking about getting offended, I'm talking about the REAL UNITED States of America
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Yea, so am I. XD The real UNITED STATES used to not get offended by some one calling a black person BLACK because that's what their skin color is. Oh no you can't call a black person black anymore, cause then your RACIST.

I guess we have two differing view points on this.. ^^"
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 pm

queenzelda wrote:Yea, so am I. XD The real UNITED STATES used to not get offended by some one calling a black person BLACK because that's what their skin color is. Oh no you can't call a black person black anymore, cause then your RACIST.

I guess we have two differing view points on this.. ^^"

Let me correct your statement. It's not that they can't call a black person black. It's they can't call a black person the N-word. And here's where I disagree with that. It was wrong then, it is wrong now. Blacks have even set a double standard. It's a case of "We can say it, you can't." It's a double standard that I can't stand by.
    Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:51 am

Yeah, it's very sad Sad .

It's easy to point to the current president and blame him for the state of division and polarisation. However, I don't think it's that simple: while he's certainly done nothing to heal those divisions, and he's been exacerbating and exploiting them through his rhetoric and vitriol, the divisions themselves have existed for far longer than that. He's a symptom of a deeper problem - and, sadly, I don't expect that problem will go away once he's out of office.

I suspect a large part of the problem is with the internet and social media - and the tendency for the craziest and most outrageous comments to go viral and spread like wildfire. These nutters have always existed; however, they now receive orders of magnitude more exposure than they would have done in previous eras. It's very damaging to public discourse, because it means that most people are only ever exposed to their opponents' arguments in their most extreme and easily-debunked form: the few idiots who go viral simply drown out the reasonable people on both sides with legitimate, thoughtful arguments.

Sadly, I don't know the cure for this. I do hope somebody finds it sooner rather than later.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:00 am

Kyng wrote:Yeah, it's very sad Sad .

It's easy to point to the current president and blame him for the state of division and polarisation. However, I don't think it's that simple: while he's certainly done nothing to heal those divisions, and he's been exacerbating and exploiting them through his rhetoric and vitriol, the divisions themselves have existed for far longer than that. He's a symptom of a deeper problem - and, sadly, I don't expect that problem will go away once he's out of office.

I suspect a large part of the problem is with the internet and social media - and the tendency for the craziest and most outrageous comments to go viral and spread like wildfire. These nutters have always existed; however, they now receive orders of magnitude more exposure than they would have done in previous eras. It's very damaging to public discourse, because it means that most people are only ever exposed to their opponents' arguments in their most extreme and easily-debunked form: the few idiots who go viral simply drown out the reasonable people on both sides with legitimate, thoughtful arguments.

Sadly, I don't know the cure for this. I do hope somebody finds it sooner rather than later.

While I agree to some extent, you're looking at the branch for all this hate to be widespread. The root of the problem is at home. Like I said some where else, Hate is taught.
    Amulet1
    Members
    Members
    Posts : 84 Zodiac Sign : Gemini Age : 58 Birthday : 1965-06-20

http://clubhouse.boardhost.com/index.php

PostAmulet1 Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:51 pm

I agree with Queenzelda. People are offended by just about everything said and done. People are offended by our National Anthem, By the Stars and Stripes. We have to watch what we say because someone could get offended by it when they interpreted it wrong. It seems like we are living in a communist country and we have to careful with what we say and will go to jail because of it. Going to jail hasnt happened yet but it could be in the future.

PostGuest Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 am

I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 pm

private1 wrote:I do want to see the return of America.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.

Not to be sarcastic about that but... how has that worked out for ya?

But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem. We are the Divided States of Embarrassment. Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.
    Amulet1
    Members
    Members
    Posts : 84 Zodiac Sign : Gemini Age : 58 Birthday : 1965-06-20

http://clubhouse.boardhost.com/index.php

PostAmulet1 Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm

The Last Outlaw wrote:

But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem.  We are the Divided States of Embarrassment.  Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.

Unemployment is at a all time low, paychecks are bigger. Just two examples. When my wife lost her job under Obama it took her a year to find a job. My wife lost her job last Febuary and found new job a month later. . She just changed jobs and getting better pay. So things are better under Trump then they were with Obama.

PostGuest Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 pm

The Last Outlaw wrote:

But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem.  We are the Divided States of Embarrassment.  Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.

I have a question for you.
    What part of America do you want back?
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 pm

What part of America that I want back? I want the America where we stood up together and working together and would stand against anything that would divide us.

Sent from Topic'it App

PostGuest Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Amulet1 wrote:
    The Last Outlaw wrote:

Unemployment is at a all time low, paychecks are bigger. Just two examples.  When my wife lost her job under Obama it took her a year to find a job.  My wife lost her job last Febuary and found new job a month later. . She just
    changed jobs and getting better pay. So things are better under Trump then they were with Obama.

-------------------------------------
    1. In the past, Republicans and Democrats had poor and good job growth.
    Trump entered office with job growth at 4.8
    Trump did not single-handily create job growth.

2.The Wire
    Trump Inflates GDP Growth
    By Robert Farley
    Posted on July 13, 2018
    Link To www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trump-inflates-gdp-growth/

National Employment Monthly Update
    Link To www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/national-employment-monthly-update.aspx
    If you will use the link above to review the chart, you see that there was some job growth in 2016 and continued into 2017.

When President Obama left office our job growth was already growing at slow pace.
    January, 2017 ->4.8
    Under Trump our job growth is still growing at a slow pace.
    July->3.9

3. Under Trump there are some companies going out of usiness and there are some that are not staying in America.
    Recently I glanced through an article regarding Trump's tax being the reason for their current decision.
    I do not recall all of it.

I feel it is pointless for me to continue.
    I just want my country back.

PostGuest Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:55 pm

The Last Outlaw wrote:What part of America that I want back?  I want the America where we stood up together and working together and would stand against anything that would divide us.

Sent from Topic'it App

I do not see that happening any time soon.

PostGuest Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 pm

private1 wrote:
    Amulet1 wrote:
    The Last Outlaw wrote:

Unemployment is at a all time low, paychecks are bigger. Just two examples.  When my wife lost her job under Obama it took her a year to find a job.  My wife lost her job last Febuary and found new job a month later. . She just
    changed jobs and getting better pay. So things are better under Trump then they were with Obama.

-------------------------------------
    1. In the past, Republicans and Democrats had poor and good job growth.
       Trump entered office with job growth at 4.8
       Trump did not single-handily create job growth.

2.The Wire
    Trump Inflates GDP Growth
    By Robert Farley
    Posted on July 13, 2018
    Link To www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trump-inflates-gdp-growth/

National Employment Monthly Update
    Link To www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/national-employment-monthly-update.aspx
    If you will use the link above to review the chart, you see that there was some job growth in 2016 and continued into 2017.

When President Obama left office our job growth was already growing at slow pace.
    January, 2017 ->4.8
    Under Trump our job growth is still growing at a slow pace.
    July->3.9

3. Under Trump there are some companies going out of business and there are some that are not staying in America.
    Recently I glanced through an article regarding Trump's tax being the reason for their current decision.
    I do not recall all of it.

I feel it is pointless for me to continue.
    I just want my country back.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:48 am

Personally, I'm just sick of everyone being so easily offended. We could have Opera Winfry in office & everything perfect according to the right.. But you know someone some where is going to be offended by her farting in the west wing. OMG the humanity! lmao
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 pm

queenzelda wrote:Personally, I'm just sick of everyone being so easily offended. We could have Opera Winfry in office & everything perfect according to the right.. But you know someone some where is going to be offended by her farting in the west wing. OMG the humanity! lmao

You're right. We are so easily offended by... ANYTHING!

Don't have an opinion different from someone else. They are ready to get into a personal World War just to say they're right and you're wrong.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Members
    Members

Postqueenzelda Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Just because some of us in this nation stopped being proud American's doesn't mean that each of us individually can't be proud. We all may dicker over weather Trump is right or wrong, but you can't take away how long our great nation has been around for. Nor the fact that each person has the right to vote & to do so proudly. Even if the electoral college effs it up, at least we can't say we didn't do our civic duty.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm

queenzelda wrote:Just because some of us in this nation stopped being proud American's doesn't mean that each of us individually can't be proud. We all may dicker over weather Trump is right or wrong, but you can't take away how long our great nation has been around for. Nor the fact that each person has the right to vote & to do so proudly. Even if the electoral college effs it up, at least we can't say we didn't do our civic duty.

Not only do I agree with that statement, I will quote Meghan McCain from her father's funeral service:

Meghan McCain -- daughter of the late Senator John McCain wrote:The America of John McCain does not need to be made great again, because America was always great.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!
    Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum