Bethea's Byte

News. Debates. Opinions. YOUR VOICE!


    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Share
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm


    Welcome to BETHEA'S BYTE: FREE BYTE. Over the last few months, I have seen the worst of America. I've heard about cops killing unarmed men even after they have surrendered. I've heard of children being separated from their families. I've heard about people calling police on people just for doing ordinary things like having a cookout, a child selling lemonade and swimming in a community pool, and one of those instances was violent in nature. And don't get me started about those needing refuge from their home countries due to extreme violence, murder... we are at a point of rolling UP the Welcome Mat, instead of rolling it out and saying, "I will help you."

    America... where is your heart? Where is your soul?

    I've always thought that we as a country and as a community should be united in the same cause. Sure we have laws, but somewhere should we not have compassion for our fellow man?

    This is why rapper Eminem had called us at one time, "The Divided States of Embarrassment." Normally, I'd say this goes back to our leadership. There is an author who wrote about fighting for the soul of America, and he said that we have gone from "having a bully pulpit to having a bully in the pulpit." While I agree with that statement, I have to say that we are responsible too. If you want to stop hate, it begins with you. If you want to stop racism, it begins with you. If you want to stop fear-mongering, it begins, like the late great Michael Jackson said, with the "Man in the Mirror."

    So I ask again. America... Where is your heart? Where is your soul?

    It hurts me when I see and hear news stories like the ones I mentioned. I hurt worse when someone says there's nothing good about this country. I want to believe and I do believe that there is good in The United States of America. I've noticed this crazy trend of all this wrongdoing, but they are doing it to "Make America Great Again." If this is your idea of making America great again, then I must have been born in a Twilight Zone setting. The America that I was born in helps people. The America I was born in had each other's back. The America I was born in was United in action, not just by name only.

    This is the America I know of. This is the America I have come to know. This is the America we should be. This is the America we need to be. We're not perfect, but we can be better than we are right now.

    I want this America.

    I need this America.

    I love this America.

    I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

    Just saying.


    _________________
    avatar
    queenzelda
    Member
    Member

    Female Posts : 65
    Join date : 2018-05-28
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by queenzelda on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 pm

    Pfft, American's in general used to not get offended by anything. But now a days, most American's get offended left & right by crap that shouldn't even matter impo.



    ....................It's redonkulous if you ask me.


    _________________
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:22 pm

    I'm not talking about getting offended, I'm talking about the REAL UNITED States of America


    _________________
    avatar
    queenzelda
    Member
    Member

    Female Posts : 65
    Join date : 2018-05-28
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by queenzelda on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 pm

    Yea, so am I. XD The real UNITED STATES used to not get offended by some one calling a black person BLACK because that's what their skin color is. Oh no you can't call a black person black anymore, cause then your RACIST.

    I guess we have two differing view points on this.. ^^"


    _________________
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 pm

    @queenzelda wrote:Yea, so am I. XD The real UNITED STATES used to not get offended by some one calling a black person BLACK because that's what their skin color is. Oh no you can't call a black person black anymore, cause then your RACIST.

    I guess we have two differing view points on this.. ^^"

    Let me correct your statement. It's not that they can't call a black person black. It's they can't call a black person the N-word. And here's where I disagree with that. It was wrong then, it is wrong now. Blacks have even set a double standard. It's a case of "We can say it, you can't." It's a double standard that I can't stand by.


    _________________

    Kyng
    Member
    Member

    Posts : 80
    Join date : 2018-05-30
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Kyng on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:51 am

    Yeah, it's very sad Sad .

    It's easy to point to the current president and blame him for the state of division and polarisation. However, I don't think it's that simple: while he's certainly done nothing to heal those divisions, and he's been exacerbating and exploiting them through his rhetoric and vitriol, the divisions themselves have existed for far longer than that. He's a symptom of a deeper problem - and, sadly, I don't expect that problem will go away once he's out of office.

    I suspect a large part of the problem is with the internet and social media - and the tendency for the craziest and most outrageous comments to go viral and spread like wildfire. These nutters have always existed; however, they now receive orders of magnitude more exposure than they would have done in previous eras. It's very damaging to public discourse, because it means that most people are only ever exposed to their opponents' arguments in their most extreme and easily-debunked form: the few idiots who go viral simply drown out the reasonable people on both sides with legitimate, thoughtful arguments.

    Sadly, I don't know the cure for this. I do hope somebody finds it sooner rather than later.
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:00 am

    @Kyng wrote:Yeah, it's very sad Sad .

    It's easy to point to the current president and blame him for the state of division and polarisation. However, I don't think it's that simple: while he's certainly done nothing to heal those divisions, and he's been exacerbating and exploiting them through his rhetoric and vitriol, the divisions themselves have existed for far longer than that. He's a symptom of a deeper problem - and, sadly, I don't expect that problem will go away once he's out of office.

    I suspect a large part of the problem is with the internet and social media - and the tendency for the craziest and most outrageous comments to go viral and spread like wildfire. These nutters have always existed; however, they now receive orders of magnitude more exposure than they would have done in previous eras. It's very damaging to public discourse, because it means that most people are only ever exposed to their opponents' arguments in their most extreme and easily-debunked form: the few idiots who go viral simply drown out the reasonable people on both sides with legitimate, thoughtful arguments.

    Sadly, I don't know the cure for this. I do hope somebody finds it sooner rather than later.

    While I agree to some extent, you're looking at the branch for all this hate to be widespread. The root of the problem is at home. Like I said some where else, Hate is taught.


    _________________

    Amulet1
    Member
    Member

    Male Posts : 78
    Age : 53
    Join date : 2018-06-18
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Amulet1 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:51 pm

    I agree with Queenzelda. People are offended by just about everything said and done. People are offended by our National Anthem, By the Stars and Stripes. We have to watch what we say because someone could get offended by it when they interpreted it wrong. It seems like we are living in a communist country and we have to careful with what we say and will go to jail because of it. Going to jail hasnt happened yet but it could be in the future.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: My Opinions: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 am

    I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

    After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.


    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 pm

    private1 wrote:I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

    After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.



    Not to be sarcastic about that but... how has that worked out for ya?

    But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem. We are the Divided States of Embarrassment. Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.


    _________________

    Amulet1
    Member
    Member

    Male Posts : 78
    Age : 53
    Join date : 2018-06-18
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Amulet1 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm

    @The Last Outlaw wrote:
    private1 wrote:I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

    After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.



    Not to be sarcastic about that but... how has that worked out for ya?

    But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem.  We are the Divided States of Embarrassment.  Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.

    Unemployment is at a all time low, paychecks are bigger. Just two examples. When my wife lost her job under Obama it took her a year to find a job. My wife lost her job last Febuary and found new job a month later. . She just changed jobs and getting better pay. So things are better under Trump then they were with Obama.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 pm

    @The Last Outlaw wrote:
    private1 wrote:I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

    After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.



    Not to be sarcastic about that but... how has that worked out for ya?

    But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem.  We are the Divided States of Embarrassment.  Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.


    I have a question for you.
    What part of America do you want back?
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 pm

    What part of America that I want back? I want the America where we stood up together and working together and would stand against anything that would divide us.

    Sent from Topic'it App


    _________________

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:51 pm

    @Amulet1 wrote:
    @The Last Outlaw wrote:
    private1 wrote:I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

    After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.



    Not to be sarcastic about that but... how has that worked out for ya?

    But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem.  We are the Divided States of Embarrassment.  Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.

    Unemployment is at a all time low, paychecks are bigger. Just two examples.  When my wife lost her job under Obama it took her a year to find a job.  My wife lost her job last Febuary and found new job a month later. . She just
    changed jobs and getting better pay. So things are better under Trump then they were with Obama.


    -------------------------------------
    1. In the past, Republicans and Democrats had poor and good job growth.
    Trump entered office with job growth at 4.8
    Trump did not single-handily create job growth.


    2.The Wire
    Trump Inflates GDP Growth
    By Robert Farley
    Posted on July 13, 2018
    Link To www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trump-inflates-gdp-growth/


    National Employment Monthly Update
    Link To www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/national-employment-monthly-update.aspx
    If you will use the link above to review the chart, you see that there was some job growth in 2016 and continued into 2017.

    When President Obama left office our job growth was already growing at slow pace.
    January, 2017 ->4.8
    Under Trump our job growth is still growing at a slow pace.
    July->3.9

    3. Under Trump there are some companies going out of usiness and there are some that are not staying in America.
    Recently I glanced through an article regarding Trump's tax being the reason for their current decision.
    I do not recall all of it.

    I feel it is pointless for me to continue.
    I just want my country back.



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:55 pm

    @The Last Outlaw wrote:What part of America that I want back?  I want the America where we stood up together and working together and would stand against anything that would divide us.

    Sent from Topic'it App



    I do not see that happening any time soon.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 pm

    private1 wrote:
    @Amulet1 wrote:
    @The Last Outlaw wrote:
    private1 wrote:I do want to see the return of America.
    I feel as if our old Constitution has been torn up.
    In my opinion, America has become the corrupt swamp and the Divided States of America.

    After President Obama's terms ended, I recall the Republicans saying they could do a better job at governing the USA.



    Not to be sarcastic about that but... how has that worked out for ya?

    But I will agree with this and up the statement by once again quoting Eminem.  We are the Divided States of Embarrassment.  Until we change from the bottom up, we will continue to be the Divided States of Embarrassment.

    Unemployment is at a all time low, paychecks are bigger. Just two examples.  When my wife lost her job under Obama it took her a year to find a job.  My wife lost her job last Febuary and found new job a month later. . She just
    changed jobs and getting better pay. So things are better under Trump then they were with Obama.


    -------------------------------------
    1. In the past, Republicans and Democrats had poor and good job growth.
       Trump entered office with job growth at 4.8
       Trump did not single-handily create job growth.
       
           
    2.The Wire
    Trump Inflates GDP Growth
    By Robert Farley
    Posted on July 13, 2018
    Link To www.factcheck.org/2018/07/trump-inflates-gdp-growth/


    National Employment Monthly Update
    Link To www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/national-employment-monthly-update.aspx
    If you will use the link above to review the chart, you see that there was some job growth in 2016 and continued into 2017.

    When President Obama left office our job growth was already growing at slow pace.
    January, 2017 ->4.8
    Under Trump our job growth is still growing at a slow pace.
    July->3.9

    3. Under Trump there are some companies going out of business and there are some that are not staying in America.
    Recently I glanced through an article regarding Trump's tax being the reason for their current decision.
    I do not recall all of it.

    I feel it is pointless for me to continue.
    I just want my country back.


    avatar
    queenzelda
    Member
    Member

    Female Posts : 65
    Join date : 2018-05-28
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by queenzelda on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:48 am

    Personally, I'm just sick of everyone being so easily offended. We could have Opera Winfry in office & everything perfect according to the right.. But you know someone some where is going to be offended by her farting in the west wing. OMG the humanity! lmao


    _________________
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 pm

    @queenzelda wrote:Personally, I'm just sick of everyone being so easily offended. We could have Opera Winfry in office & everything perfect according to the right.. But you know someone some where is going to be offended by her farting in the west wing. OMG the humanity! lmao

    You're right. We are so easily offended by... ANYTHING!

    Don't have an opinion different from someone else. They are ready to get into a personal World War just to say they're right and you're wrong.

    I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!


    _________________
    avatar
    queenzelda
    Member
    Member

    Female Posts : 65
    Join date : 2018-05-28
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by queenzelda on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:08 pm

    Just because some of us in this nation stopped being proud American's doesn't mean that each of us individually can't be proud. We all may dicker over weather Trump is right or wrong, but you can't take away how long our great nation has been around for. Nor the fact that each person has the right to vote & to do so proudly. Even if the electoral college effs it up, at least we can't say we didn't do our civic duty.


    _________________
    avatar
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

    Male Posts : 342
    Age : 42
    Join date : 2018-05-25
    Location : Salem, Oregon, USA
    Status :

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by The Last Outlaw on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm

    @queenzelda wrote:Just because some of us in this nation stopped being proud American's doesn't mean that each of us individually can't be proud. We all may dicker over weather Trump is right or wrong, but you can't take away how long our great nation has been around for. Nor the fact that each person has the right to vote & to do so proudly. Even if the electoral college effs it up, at least we can't say we didn't do our civic duty.

    Not only do I agree with that statement, I will quote Meghan McCain from her father's funeral service:

    Meghan McCain -- daughter of the late Senator John McCain wrote:The America of John McCain does not need to be made great again, because America was always great.

    I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Free Byte: I Want My Country Back

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm