Bethea's Byte Reloaded
MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Trump and The #MeToo Movement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:30 pm

MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement EmUpK

Welcome to BETHEA'S BYTE: FREE BYTE.  As I begin this edition, I want to throw out a word of caution.  If you have received a notice in your email about this topic, and you wish to entertain a conversation or debate, I welcome it, but I want to warn you that this is a stance that I refuse to change.  I'm called The Last Outlaw for a reason, and when it comes to something like this, I'm speaking out because of that reason.  There.  I've said it.  Let's get to the topic at hand.  It's about the current Occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C., and his blatant mockery of the #MeToo Movement.

Here's the article that set me off.

From CNN

Betsy Klein, Allie Malloy and Kate Sullivan of CNN wrote:President Donald Trump0 mocked the #MeToo movement again at his rally in Pennsylvania on Wednesday night, citing the "rules of MeToo" as the reason he wasn't "allowed" to use an expression.

When talking about winning the state in the 2016 presidential election Trump said, "Pennsylvania hasn't been won for many years by Republicans, but every Republican thinks they're going to win Pennsylvania. ... I used an expression -- you know, there's an expression but under the rules of MeToo I'm not allowed to use that expression anymore. I can't do it."

"It's the person that got away," Trump continued. "See, in the old days, it was a little different," the President added, laughing as a rally attendee told him from the crowd to "do it anyway."

"I would do it, except for these people up there," Trump said, pointing at the cameras and press at the rally. "They would say, did you hear what President Trump said?"

He continued, "So there is an expression, but we'll change the expression: Pennsylvania was always the person who got away, that's pretty good, right, the person that got away?"

It's another shot at the movement that began following the publication of sexual harassment and assault allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein in October 2017. The revelation of the allegations against the powerful Weinstein inspired many women to reveal their own stories of sexual assault, but Trump has recently taken shots at the #MeToo movement by expressing concern for men who are accused of sexual assault or harassment and saying, "Women are doing great."

MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement $

"It is a very scary time for young men in America, where you can be guilty of something you may not be guilty of," Trump said to reporters last week. "This is a very, very -- this is a very difficult time. What's happening here has much more to do than even the appointment of a Supreme Court justice."

Trump had earlier mocked the #MeToo movement at a rally in July. He did so while simultaneously mocking Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and saying that should she win the Democratic nomination in 2020 and they were to debate, he would toss an ancestry test to her and dare her to take it.

"We'll take that little kit and say -- we have to do it gently because we are in the MeToo generation -- and we will very gently take that kit, slowly toss it" to her, Trump said, adding that he would offer $1 million to charity if she took the test and it "shows you are an Indian."

More recently, his attacks on California professor Christine Blasey Ford were seen as a direct pushback against the #MeToo movement. Ford accused then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when the two were in high school. Kavanaugh has denied the allegations.

"Guilty until proven innocent," Trump lamented at a Mississippi rally October 2, to booing from the crowd. "That's very dangerous for our country. That's very dangerous for our country. And I have it myself all the time. But for me, it's like a part of the job description."

During the 2016 presidential campaign, at least 13 women accused Trump of misbehavior ranging from sexual harassment to sexual assault. They came forward in the wake of a 2005 Access Hollywood tape that was released in October 2016 in which he is caught saying on a hot mic: "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab them by the p***y. You can do anything."

The President denies all the allegations against him.

The White House -- through press secretary Sarah Sanders and others -- has dismissed the allegations against him as old news that was litigated during the campaign.

This is the man who has so much respect for women.  So much so, not only has he been married three times (and barely hanging on to this one), but he has at least 13 women accusing him from sexual harassment to sexual assault.  He's got the nerve to mock this movement that has embolden women to FINALLY speak up.  This is the same man who once spoke so highly of his own mother, but shows little respect (if any) regarding any woman.  Remember, the Access Hollywood tape (in which he denied). remember there are 13 women who claim that they had some kind of contact with this man (and I use the word "man" very very loosely).  Remember the names of Stephanie Clifford and Karen McDougald.  They are the most high profile names that have accused this man of having affairs with them before his third marriage.  But he has so much respect for women.

This man has no respect for women.  If he did, he would show compassion for the women who have made these complaints against these men in power, but compassion doesn't reside in him, now does it.  Now to some degree, I can agree with Melania Trump when she said that there must be hard evidence, but these women must be heard.  I can agree to that, but the problem is that they are scared to speak out, especially against the powerful men.  It's attitudes like this so-called man that is the reason why they are scared to say, "It's happened to me.  Here's what happened..."  As long as we have men in power who believe that it's men who are the victims, things are going to remain as it is.  Now, yes, I understand no man wants to be accused of sexual wrongdoings against women, but we won't have to suffer that indignity if we treat women with respect, and not as sexual objects, or in some cases your next sexual conquest.

The more you know, the more easier it will be when you decide what's right and what's wrong.

MeToo - Trump and The #MeToo Movement R9Zf

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum