Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Sat May 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' I5Bn3

From CNN

Faith Karimi of CNN wrote:
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' AABSQvX

Before Jake Patterson was sentenced to two life sentences for kidnapping Jayme Closs and killing her parents in October, her family attorney read powerful words from her in court.

Here's her full statement:

"Last October, Jake Patterson took a lot of things that I loved away from me. It makes me the most sad that he took away my mom and my dad. I loved my mom and dad very much and they loved me very much. They did all they could to make me happy and protect me. He took them away from me forever."

"I felt safe in my home, and I loved my room and all of my belongings. He took all of that too. I don't want to even see my home or my stuff because of the memory of that night. My parents and my home were the most important things in my life. He took them away from me in a way that will always leave me with a horrifying memory."

"I have to have an alarm in the house now just so I can sleep. I used to love to go out with my friends. I loved to go to school. I loved to do dance. He took all of those things away from me too. It's too hard for me to go out in public. I get scared and I get anxious. These are just ordinary things that anyone like me should be able to do, but I can't because he took them away from me."

"But there's some things that Jake Patterson can never take from me. He can't take my freedom. He thought that he could own me but he was wrong. I was smarter. I watched his routine and I took back my freedom. I will always have my freedom and he will not."

"Jake Patterson can never take away my courage. He thought he could control me, but he couldn't. I feel like what he did is what a coward would do. I was brave. He was not."

"He can never take away my spirit. He thought that he could make me like him, but he was wrong. He can't ever change me, or take away who I am. He can't stop me from being happy and moving forward with my life. I will go on to do great things in my life, and he will not."

"Jake Patterson will never have any power over me. I feel like I have some power over him, because I get to tell the judge what I think should happen to him. He stole my parents from me. He stole almost everything I love from me. For 88 days he tried to steal me, and he didn't care who he hurt or who he killed to do that."
    "He should stay locked up forever."

Jayme Closs is a brave young lady.   Anyone else who had to endure the torture she did would have likely folded their tent and just gave up.  Thank God she didn't.

Just Saying.
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' I6goy

Last edited by The Last Outlaw on Sat May 25, 2019 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Sat May 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' I5Bn3

From CNN

Jason Hanna and Steve Almasy of CNN wrote:
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' AABQM5N

Jake Patterson, the 21-year-old Wisconsin man who kidnapped Jayme Closs after killing her parents and held her in a remote cabin for 88 days , was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole.

Patterson received one life sentence each for the murders of James and Denise Closs and was given a 40-year sentence for the kidnapping, including 25 years in prison and 15 years on parole.

Before making his decision, the Barron County judge heard from Jayme, 13, through a statement read by her attorney.

"Jake Patterson took a lot of things that I love away from me. It makes me the most sad that he took away my mom and my dad," she said. " I used to love to go out with my friends. I love to go to school. I love to dance. He took all of those things away from me, too. It's too hard for me to go out in public."

Later she said: "(Patterson) should stay locked up forever."

Patterson gave a statement before being sentenced, speaking with emotion at times and saying, "I would do, like, absolutely anything to take back what I did, you know. I would die. I would do absolutely anything to bring them back."

Patterson, authorities say, shot and killed James and Denise Closs early October 15 at their home outside Barron with the intent of kidnapping their only daughter, whom he'd noticed by chance just days earlier at a bus stop.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/us/jayme-closs-kidnapper-jake-patterson-sentencing/index.html

He got exactly what he deserved. TWO life sentences for the murders of Jayme Closs' parents and another 40 years for kidnapping Jayme herself. Jake Patterson, enjoy your new home because you're not going anywhere for a while!

Just Saying.
    Jayme Closs' Full Statement At Her Kidnapper's Sentencing: 'I Was Brave. He Was Not' I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum