Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules I5Bn3

From The Daily Beast

Tracy Connor of The Daily Beast wrote:The controversial Florida pastor arrested this week for holding massive services in the midst of the coronavirus epidemic said Wednesday he will not do it again this weekend.

Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules 200401-connor-fl-pastor-tease_z2d9ph

“I actually have no choice at this juncture but to shut the church down this Sunday,” Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay said on his livestream call-in show.

Howard-Browne—who just two weeks ago declared the church would “never close”—was charged with two misdemeanors on Monday after he failed to heed warnings by the Hillsborough County sheriff.

Howard-Browne kept his followers guessing for two days about whether he would risk re-arrest by inviting them to pack into the church, where he claims he installed machines to prevent them from being infected.

But on his Wednesday show, he finally revealed that he had shut down the building on Monday and would not reopen it, saying he didn’t want church staff or members to be arrested and floating the insane idea that an outsider infected with coronavirus might show up to a service and try to make his faithful sick.

“I'm not caving,” said Howard-Browne, who is free on $500 bail.

In his sermons and his online show, Howard-Browne has been flogging serpentine conspiracy theories about the novel coronavirus—claiming it’s a bioweapon created by China to destroy the U.S. economy, that testing for it does not work, and that any vaccine will be a sham.

“The World Health Organization has come in and is using a pandemic to take over not just America, but the whole of the world,” he blustered on his Tuesday night show.

He claims the state order barring large gatherings doesn’t apply to the church because he considers it an “essential service” and that it infringes on freedom of religion.

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister said earlier this week that his motivation was saving lives.

“His reckless disregard for human life put hundreds of people in his congregation at risk, and thousands of residents who may interact with them this week, in danger,” Chronister said at a press conference announcing Howard-Browne’s arrest.

The sheriff noted the The River church could have just live-streamed the service to its 4,000 members, like many other religious institutions are doing.

“I believe there’s nothing more important than faith during a time like this,” Chronister said. “And as a sheriff’s office we would never impede someone’s ability to lean on their religious beliefs as a means of comfort. But practicing those beliefs has to be done safely.”

I'm not totally sure this pastor has learned his lesson. I have a feeling that he still has no reason to listen to CDC guidelines to keep his congregation safe and healthy. But he is only concerned about spouting whatever his message is. If there are pastors like this one, I urge you all to please listen to these guidelines and follow them. The last thing you want to do is to kill your own people whom you have been tasked to lead to glory.

Just Saying.
    Florida Megachurch Pastor Cancels Services After Arrest for Breaking Coronavirus Rules I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum