Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:05 am

Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low I5Bn3

From Newsweek

Chantal Da Silva of Newsweek wrote:President Donald Trump has received his lowest marks yet for his handling of the coronavirus outbreak, with net approval of his leadership on combating the pandemic down 22 points, according to a new Morning Consult poll.

Of 1,984 registered voters surveyed between April 24 and 26, 51 percent said they did not approve of Trump's handling of the outbreak, compared with 43 percent who said they did approve.

As a result, the net approval for Trump's performance, which is determined by deducting the share of those who disapprove from the share who do approve, sat 8 percentage points "underwater," Morning Consult said in a breakdown of its findings.

The negative net approval rating represents a 22-point drop since March 17-20, when a Morning Consult poll found broader support for the president's handling of the coronavirus outbreak.

In the new poll, which had a 2-point margin of error, 41 percent of voters said they "strongly" disapprove of Trump's coronavirus response, which is up 13 points since the mid-March survey.

Meanwhile, the share who strongly approve of the president's handling of the outbreak dropped 7 points.

The record low levels of support come as the president continues to face backlash over his recent remarks suggesting that injecting patients who test positive for coronavirus with disinfectant could be helpful.

In the wake of the president's comments, the U.S. saw a spike in calls made to poison control centers in at least four states.

Meanwhile, leading disinfectant producer Reckitt Benckiser (RB) issued a statement warning consumers not to inject or ingest their products.

Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low BB13i26E

"As a global leader in health and hygiene products," the statement read, "we must be clear that under no circumstances should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)."

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee in the 2020 presidential race, also urged people not to "drink bleach."

"I can't believe I have to say this," Biden wrote in a tweet, "but please don't drink bleach."

Trump has defended his comments, saying he was being sarcastic when he suggested that chemical disinfectants could be taken internally to treat coronavirus.

"I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters just like you to see what would happen," Trump told reporters on Friday after they questioned him on his statements.

Asked whether or not his comments were encouraging Americans to risk consuming disinfectants in a bid to treat the virus, the president said: "Of course not."

This man should've had the mother I had. That way, he would learn to the value of "Say what you mean and mean what you say." You are dealing with millions of lives, and you want to claim sarcasm. Again, I wish he had the mother I had. That way he'd also learn the value of "Watch what comes out of your mouth." But then again, if it didn't work then, why should it work now. Trump's mouth and his brain both have a failure to communicate. Brain is supposed to communicate thought, then expressed by voice. With Donald Trump, it doesn't work that way, and that, I believe is one reason his handling this coronavirus has been so low. On top of that, he has these experts, but he is trying to get them to say what HE wants to hear instead of what the country NEEDS to hear. Donald Trump, the following extensions are not behind your name: MD, PhD, FACS, DPH. We need to hear from these people, not you. Just own up to it already. You are not the smartest guy in the room.

Just Saying
    Approval for Trump's Handling of Coronavirus Outbreak Sinks to Record Low I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum