Bethea's Byte Reloaded
He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who You Believe is Not Taking The Coronavirus Pandemic Seriously Enough?

He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Poll_c100%He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Poll_c10 0% 
    [ 0 ]
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Poll_c100%He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. Poll_c10 0% 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue May 19, 2020 6:46 pm

He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. I5Bn3

He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. FAYJI

Janelle Griffith of NBC News wrote:A Florida man who thought the coronavirus was "a fake crisis" has changed his mind after he and his wife contracted COVID-19.

He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. BB14g1ec

Brian Hitchens, a rideshare driver who lives in Jupiter, downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus in Facebook posts in March and April.

"I'm honoring what our government says to do during this epidemic but I do not fear this virus because I know that my God is bigger than this Virus will ever be," he wrote in a post on April 2. "Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords."

In mid-April, Hitchens, 46, began documenting his and his wife's health on Facebook.

"Been home sick for over a week. Both my wife and I home sick," he wrote in a post on April 18. "I've got no energy and all I want to do is sleep."

A day later, Hitchens and his wife, Erin, were admitted to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, Hitchens said in a Facebook post.

Hitchens could not immediately be reached for comment Monday. The voicemail box for a number listed for him is full.

In a lengthy post on May 12, Hitchens said that he was once among those who thought the coronavirus "is a fake crisis" that was "blown out of proportion" and "wasn't that serious."

That changed when he started to feel sick in April and stopped working, he wrote.

Hitchens said he "had just enough energy" to drive himself and his wife to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center on April 19, where they both tested positive for the virus.

He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. BB14k1nD

"They admitted us right away and we both went to ICU," he wrote. "I started feeling better within a few days but my wife got worse to the point where they sedated her and put her on the ventilator."

Hitchens said he never experienced terrible aches and pains but felt weak and exhausted. He said he felt better on May 12, at which point he had been in the hospital for three weeks, and that he still had COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. He also said he had pneumonia in his lungs.

"As of today my wife is still sedated and on the ventilator with no signs of improving," Hitchens wrote. "There were a couple times were they tried to start weaning her off the ventilator but as soon as they've done that her oxygen level dropped and they had to put her back on the ventilator full time."

He said his wife of eight years has been sick "quite a few times" in the past and she always fought through. This time, he said, "I have come to accept that my wife may pass away."

Hitchens, who has been unable to see his wife since they were hospitalized, said he was holding out hope she would recover.

"This thing is nothing to be messed with please listen to the authorities and heed the advice of the experts," he wrote. "We don't have to fear this and by heeding the advice doesn't mean that you fear it that means you're showing wisdom during this epidemic time."

The May 12 post, in which he implored people to "use wisdom," has been shared more than 500 times.

"Looking back I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn't and perhaps I'm paying the price for it now," he wrote. If he passed the virus on to his wife, he said, he knows that she and God forgive him.

"So just think about what I said and if you have to go out please use wisdom and don't be foolish like I was ... so the same thing won't happen to you like it happened to me and my wife," he wrote.

Hitchens had one thing to say in a Facebook post Monday to people who have sent him "nasty messages" saying he deserved to die: "'I AM NEGATIVE"! "PRAISE THE LORD!'"

I'm glad this man recovered, but I also hope that he will follow the guidelines by the CDC.

Just Saying.
    He Thought the Coronavirus Was 'A Fake Crisis.' Then He Contracted It. I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum