Bethea's Byte Reloaded
What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

What Grinds My Gears? Negligence of Children!

2 posters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:54 am

What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! IERHI

Welcome to this "Grinds My Gears" edition of FREE BYTE. Now I admit, there are some news stories that I read that will hit my emotions -- some in a good way, others, not so much. Then there are those stories that anger me so much they literally GRIND MY GEARS. Those are stories where common sense was not involved, let alone used. And the cost, usually, but not always, the life of a child. The story I'm gonna bring up is going to show you why I post this edition in red print and why it "GRINDS MY GEARS."

In this story, a 4-year-old child, Logan Alan Pittman, died from an apparent drug overdose according to The New York Daily News and ABC7 Eyewitness News in Los Angeles. The boy's stepfather, Anthony Edward Williams has been arrested for child endangerment likely to result in great bodily injury or death. He has posted bail.

So why am I so HOT on this? Watch the video from ABC7 Eyewitness News in Los Angeles.

And now, a quote from the boy's mother, who initially declined to comment in front of a camera.

Alexis Pope, Mother of Logan Pittman wrote:"My son is gone and it's not to our doing.

We had no knowledge what was brought in our home. We let a family member... take a shower and he left methadone in our fridge without our knowledge.

We had a clean safe home for our children. We just tried to help a family member take a shower and unfortunately this is the result. We are good parents and would never put our babies in danger. It could of (sic) happened to anyone if we would have known we would have done everything possible to keep our baby boy alive."

Still wondering why this story grinds my gears? Despite the fact that the stepfather was arrested, the mother is not taking responsibility for her INACTION! Between Alexis Pope, Anthony Williams and the homeless brother, NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE? C'MON MAN! I'm gonna need to pass out flyers all over the United States: "MISSING -- COMMON SENSE Last Seen: Mid-1980's Height: size of normal human brain. Weight: size of normal human heart."

And the comments left by the mother, you'd think she'd be more distraught than this. Not only does it break my heart when a child is hurt or killed in a case like this, it really FRIES me when parents act as if it's just something ordinary, like the kid's life didn't matter. The boy's actual father, Chad Kelley showed more emotion by saying absolutely nothing than his ex-wife did in that lame statement.

And speaking of taking some kind of responsibility, what about these cases:

• 2001 -- Boy, 13, Convicted of First Degree Murder in the killing of a 6-year-old girl by imitating a wrestling move (powerbomb through a table).
    • 2013 -- Boy, 13, sentenced to three years for killing his sister with "WWE-Style" moves.

Now I've followed those stories and the thing the comes to mind, as a human being, and a wrestling fan are these words: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! They will say those moves are fake, but until you've been hit with it enough times to know better, if you don't know what you're doing, you are gonna get hurt or someone else will. That is why for years WWE has put that disclaimer out.

It's time for parents to step up and be parents. Take some responsibility. The more responsible parents we have now, the less likely we will have stories like this in the future!

Just Saying.

What Grinds My Gears?  Negligence of Children! I6goy
    Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:04 am

This is utterly horrific... and I'd absolutely hope that anybody would be outraged by this.

The poor boy's stepfather deserves to have the book thrown at him for what he did.

The Last Outlaw likes this post

The Last Outlaw likes this post

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:10 am

Kyng wrote:This is utterly horrific... and I'd absolutely hope that anybody would be outraged by this.

The poor boy's stepfather deserves to have the book thrown at him for what he did.

And now you see why I posted this in red. And it's not just the boy's stepfather. The boy's mother and the stepfather's homeless BROTHER needs to take some responsibility too. I mean it makes no doggone sense to be that negligent when it comes to a child!
    Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum