Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:22 am

Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest I5Bn3

Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest FAinB

Brendan Cole of Newsweek wrote:Authorities in the Wisconsin city rocked by violence after the police shooting of Jacob Blake are split over the visit by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, amid concerns of further unrest.

Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest BB18A91v

Some officials in Kenosha have taken exception to Trump's tweet on Monday, in which he said if he had not activated the National Guard, "there would be no Kenosha right now."

Kenosha County Executive Jim Kreuser described Trump's sentiment as "a false statement," telling a news conference that this was a "strong community" that was "going to come back regardless."

"For someone to say that we wouldn't exist but for their actions, I believe it to be false," Kreuser added.

Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, adjutant general of the Wisconsin National Guard, would not comment on Trump's tweet but did confirm that Gov. Tony Evers had activated the National Guard early on August 24, hours after video of the Blake shooting had been widely circulated on social media.

Meanwhile, Kenosha Mayor John Antaramian questioned the wisdom of such a presidential visit to a community that was trying to recover from trauma, saying: "The timing on this we felt was not good. We did make a request for him to do it at a different time."

"There are so many things that have gone on in this community, and it just seemed to me, and I think to others, that it would be better for us to be able to pull together and let the community get together and heal up from what has been going on," he added.

Evers also wants Trump to reconsider his visit, which would include trips to areas in the city damaged by the violence and meeting with law enforcement. The family of Blake said in a statement that "we don't need more pain and division from a president set on advancing his campaign at the expense of our city."

However, the president's visit did the backing of a group of Kenosha County Board supervisors, who signed a letter urging Trump to come because "Kenoshans are hurting and looking for leadership, and your leadership in this time of crisis is greatly appreciated by those devastated by the violence in Kenosha."

"Many Kenoshans are very grateful for the federal assistance that your administration provided.

"The relief was felt countywide once federal and local law enforcement agencies were able to take the proactive steps to prevent additional crime, instead of being outnumbered and spread too thin," the letter signed by seven officials said.

Demonstrators are calling for the officer who shot Blake, leaving him paralyzed, to be fired and face attempted murder charges. During the ensuing chaos after the August 23 incident, two people were shot dead. The 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse has been charged with their murders.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president had no immediate plans to meet with Blake's family during his visit. Newsweek has contacted the White House for comment.

Kenosha, Wisconsin is in pain right now. Many feel that a visit by Donald Trump would be an increase in that pain. I'm not a Wisconsinite, but I know when a city is hurting because my neighbors in Portland, Oregon are hurting. It's pretty much the same thing happening. We are dealing with African-Americans being killed unnecessarily while in police custody. I get the reason why for all the protests. The first night with the riots, and the violence, and the looting, I get it. I get it with every fiber of my being. After 95 nights, it's time to make something else happen. This was originally about "Black Lives Matter." Now, it's about how much destruction should we cause to get our point across. The original message is being put on the backburner. The original message is being drowned out. Now add anything Donald Trump throws in, and matters are made worse than it is. If we are going to heal, it's time to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" Let's sit down, let's talk about how to reform police and how we are going to make justice equal under the law. The last thing we need is another George Floyd, Breonna Taylor or even a Jacob Blake happen again.

And as for you, Donald Trump, you have your little campaign slogans "Make America Great Again" and "Keep America Great." Right now, we are not great. We are hurting. If you're equating America's Pain with greatness, you, sir, need help when seeing the things that actually make America great. I have two more slogans I want you to try.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

MAKE RACISM WRONG AGAIN

You'd be taking the first steps to actually living up to your original campaign slogan if those seven words come out of your mouth sincerely. But I know that will not happen because everytime you do open your mouth, you have some Trumped Up conspiracy theory to spout, a lie you just have to tell, or bash people who disagree with you. This is the reason that Kenosha, Wisconsin does not want you in their city. You will not be there to heal that city. You will be there to hurt it more than they already are.

Just Saying.
    Trump Visit Divides Kenosha Officials As City Braces for Fresh Unrest I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum