Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage DZRTo

Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage BBAJ2O3

David K. Li and Helen Kwong of NBC News wrote:The body of an 87-year-old retired sheriff's detective was found inside her home's freezer, leading police to question a loved one who made "inconsistent statements" about the senior's whereabouts, authorities said Wednesday.

Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage AAOHTiz

Riverside police officers went to the 6600 block of New Ridge Drive on Sunday morning to do a welfare check on Miriam Travis, 87, because an out-of-state daughter had grown concerned after not hearing from her mom in two months, officials said.

Police were met at the house by Travis' 64-year-old daughter, who lives there, and the investigators "started noticing inconsistent statements with her story as to mom's whereabouts," Officer Javier Cabrera told NBC News.

"There were just a lot of flags," Cabrera added. "Officers were able to go inside the residence, which was disheveled, almost hoard-like conditions. They go inside, go through the garage and in the freezer they locate the mother deceased inside the freezer."

Travis' daughter was briefly detained by police, but not arrested, pending the results of an autopsy.

Longtime neighbor Cedric Valentin recalled seeing Travis' daughter recently outside their house and he asked about her mom. The neighborhood is about 60 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

"I says, 'Carol, where’s Miriam?' I says, 'You to tell her I said hello.' She was, 'Oh she’s in the house,' ” Valentin told NBC Los Angeles.

Property records listed Carol Etchells, 64, living in the same house with Travis. Etchells could not be immediately reached for comment on Wednesday at any of her publicly listed phone numbers.

Another longtime New Ridge Drive resident, Randy Hayes, said Travis was a good neighbor. They'd regularly tell each other when they'd be out of town on vacation, so one could keep an eye on the other's empty house.

"It's a tragedy as you can imagine. I don't think any of us could imagine having our mom in a freezer right?” said Hayes.

Travis worked 27 years for the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department from 1963 until her retirement in 1990.

"Our hearts are broken by this news and the entire LASD family mourns her loss," Sheriff Alex Villanueva said in a statement.

If I had describe any case like this as "disturbing", it would be THIS CASE! 87-Year old retired Sheriff's Detective, found dead in her FREEZER?!? Yes, friends this is disturbing. This case has more questions than old school episodes of Jeopardy!, $ale of the Century, and The Joker's Wild combined. We will wait and see if anything turns up to update this story further. When I get the information, you can count on Bethea's Byte to have it posted here.

Until Then...
    Body of Woman, 87, Found in Freezer of Her Southern California Garage I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum