Bethea's Byte Reloaded
TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:37 pm

TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate DZRTo

TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate AAy3teK

Kate Gibson of CBS News wrote:A news anchor on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and a meteorologist in Nebraska are among a handful of Gray Television employees to relinquish their jobs instead of getting vaccinated against COVID-19.

TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate AAO3Wbx

An 18-year employee, Meggan Gray gave up her co-hosting role on WLOX-TV's "Good Morning Mississippi" last Thursday, a day before a mandate to be fully immunized took effect on October 1, according to a local newspaper, the Sun Herald.

The Biloxi-based station's parent, Gray Television, was requiring all employees, guests, contractors and tenants to be fully vaccinated against the virus, Gray posted on Facebook. "I tried everything possible to keep my job, including offering to be tested on a weekly basis. My requests were denied," she wrote.

"I may have lost my job, but I preserved my integrity," she added.

WLOX General Manager Rick Williams told the Sun Herald he could not comment on a personnel matter. His email included a statement from Gray Television saying its vaccination policy is meant to ensure a safe work environment and that exceptions were limited to "certain medical conditions and or religious objections."

The policy also led to the ouster of meteorologist Tim Jones at another Gray Television station in Hastings, Nebraska. Jones took to YouTube to decry getting fired from the job he'd held for nearly eight years.

"The whole thing sucks, but bigger and better things ahead," Jones told viewers in the video he dedicated to "fellow coworkers who also lost their jobs from this unfair policy."

Similar words were voiced by Dave Platta, a sports anchor booted from an ABC affiliate in Columbus, Georgia.

"My departure was not my choice. It was also not the choice of WTVM. This came from an edict from Gray Television," Platta, on the job 36 years, stated.

"WTVM will miss Dave Platta and we appreciate his many contributions to the station's success," the station said in a story about his departure on its website.

In addition to Jones, Gray and Platta, two other Gray employees have gone public about their dismissals due to their refusals to get vaccinated, including 14-year employee Linda Simmons, a reporter in Springfield, Missouri, and Karl Bohnak, a meteorologist in Marquette, Michigan.

"I value the freedom we all have to make our own informed decisions," Simmons said on Facebook. She also defended her decision not to get vaccinated in a radio interview, saying "I truly believe God was showing me reasons that I didn't need to get it," according to an account in the Kansas City Star.

Simmons said she was among three people at her station who were terminated over the policy.

In a lengthy Facebook post, Bohnak, 68, said he mistrusted "these injections," writing that his own chances of dying from COVID-19 were minuscule and that he was unwilling to "risk serious side effects" of the vaccine.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, vaccines are highly effective at preventing severe disease and death from COVID-19 and represent the best means of curtailing a virus that has killed more than 700,000 Americans. Serious side effects from the vaccine are extemely rare, the CDC said.

Atlanta-based Gray Television, which owns and operates television stations in more than 100 markets, did not respond to a request for comment from CBS MoneyWatch. The company employs around 6,900 people, according to estimates.

There's a Bible verse that is so true today in regard to those who would rather give up their jobs or be fired than to take the vaccine

"Pride Goeth Before Destruction." -- Proverbs 16:18

I'm Just Saying.
    TV Anchor, Meteorologists Quit Over Vaccine Mandate I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum