Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance DZRTo

Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance HqYfN

Clare Hymes of CBS News wrote:A grand jury in Westchester, New York, on Monday indicted Robert Durst on second-degree murder charges in the disappearance of his first wife, Kathleen, decades after she was last seen and after he was convicted in September of the 2000 murder of friend Susan Berman.

Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance AAQcuWf

Durst faces a charge of murder in the second degree, brought by Westchester County District Attorney Miriam E. Rocah. Rocah's office initially announced they had convened a grand jury to review the charge in late October.

"The District Attorney's Office reinvigorated its investigation into Robert Durst just 10 months ago when I took Office, launched the Cold Case Bureau, and dedicated the resources and skill that I thought this case deserved," Rocah said in a statement.

A warrant has been issued for Durst's arrest. He was sentenced last month at the age of 78 to life in prison without parole after a jury found him guilty of the murder of Berman, a confidante whom prosecutors alleged helped him cover up Kathie Durst's killing. Los Angeles prosecutors say Durst shot her in 2000 before she could tell police.

Investigators had long suspected Durst murdered his wife. Kathleen Durst was 29 when she vanished from her South Salem, New York, home on January 31, 1982.

Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance AAQcxD7

Her body was never found, but at the request of her family, she was declared legally dead in 2017. Durst filed for divorce from Kathleen in 1990, citing abandonment.

He was never charged in her disappearance despite several efforts over the years to close the case. Authorities had reopened it in 1999 and searched a lake and their home.

"For nearly four decades there has been a great deal of speculation about this case, much of it fueled by Robert Durst's own highly publicized statements," Rocah said. "An indictment is a crucial step in the process of holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions."

The last time I made mention of Robert Durst, I said this in regard to his sentencing for murder of his friend:
    "It was her or me.  I had no choice."  I'm not shocked that someone would resort to murder and conspiracy to commit murder especially when money is involved.  In reading the article before posting, I felt like I got a shot of an episode of Dominick Dunne's Power, Priviledge and Justice.  The only thing I wonder is what will the sentence be, giving Durst's age and condition.  That I will stay tuned to find out.
    Durst is 78 years old and sentenced to prison WITHOUT PAROLE!  No matter what happens in the case of his wife, it's guaranteed he is not getting out of prison... ALIVE!

Just Saying.
    Robert Durst Indicted For Second-Degree Murder in Wife's 1982 Disappearance I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum