Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:16 pm

Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned HTk4X

Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned HqC6j

Minyvonne Burke of NBC News wrote:Two of the Turpin sisters, who along with their 11 siblings were held captive for years before escaping in 2018, are speaking out for the first time about the abuse they endured.

Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned AAQvy98

"The only word I know to call it is hell," one of the sisters said in a clip of an upcoming 20/20 special with Diane Sawyer.

Disturbing details about the case came to light in January 2018, after one of the daughters escaped their home in Perris, California, and called 911 using a cellphone she had taken with her. The girl, who was 17 at the time, told police that her brothers and sisters were being held by their parents, David and Louise Turpin, and some were chained, investigators said.

Responding officers initially thought the girl was a child because she was so emaciated, according to the investigators. When police entered the house — which became known as the "house of horrors — they found children ranging in age from 2 to 29 being held in "dark and foul-smelling surroundings," investigators said.

Some of the children were bound to their beds and furniture by chains and padlocks and many of them told police they were "starving," according to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

In the Sawyer interview, the girl who called 911 talked about the courage to finally escape.

"I think it was us coming so close to death so many times," she said.

"It was literally a now or never. If something happened to me, at least I died trying," the girl added.

Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin said the abuse began as neglect during the 17 years the family lived in Fort Worth, Texas, and intensified when they moved to California in 2010.

The couple's youngest child was the only one who appeared to have not been abused.

According to prosecutors, the children were given only one rationed meal a day and allowed to shower once a year. They would get in trouble for things like playing in the water while they washed their hands. Prosecutors said the punishment ranged from being beaten and choked to being shackled to their beds with no access to the bathroom for months at a time.

David and Louise Turpin would also bake pies and not let the children eat, and buy toys but refused to let the children open them.

The children spent most of their time in the house but would occasionally take family trips, including one where they went to Las Vegas for their parents' vow renewal.

Authorities said only one child, a son, was allowed to leave home to attend classes at a community college but was always accompanied by his mother.

One of the daughters was allegedly the victim of a lewd act by her father, according to prosecutors.

The parents pleaded guilty to 14 counts each of torture, dependent adult abuse, child endangerment and false imprisonment in 2019. They were sentenced to life in prison.

Escape from a House of Horror — A Diane Sawyer Special Event airs Nov. 19 at 9:01 p.m. on ABC.

First of all, I WILL be recording this. I want to hear what these young women went through. The last time I heard about a House of Horrors, it was back in 2013 when a young lady escaped this house in Cleveland. That escape lead to the rescue of two others. The kidnapper named Ariel Castro went to trial, found GUILTY, sentenced to prison (Life plus 1,000 years), and then he hangs himself in prison. Here we are with this story and now it's David and Louise Turpin who have been sentenced to Life with the possibility of parole in 25 years. That possibility shouldn't even exist, in my opinion.

I'll do a Free Byte after I watch this special 20/20. I believe these young women will hold NOTHING back.

Just Saying.
    Turpin Sisters Who Escaped House of Horrors Speak Out About Being Imprisoned HjdEU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum