Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say.

2 posters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. Em4bX

From USA Today

Ashley May of USA Today wrote:

The sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh don’t reflect typical high school boy behavior, hormones or “horseplay,” as some have claimed.

Among those blaming gender, age and hormones is former Florida Republican congressional candidate Gina Sosa, who said last week in a CNN interview: "We’re talking about a 17-year-old boy in high school with testosterone running high. Tell me what boy hasn’t done this in high school, please. I would like to know." Sosa recently placed last in the Florida GOP primary for the 27th congressional district.

Sosa is referencing Christine Blasey Ford's letter accusing Kavanaugh of pinning her to a bed, groping her and attempting to pull off her clothes while both were high school students.

Brian Johnson, a child psychologist and professor at University of Northern Colorado, told USA TODAY that the behavior Ford describes is not at all typical.

"If the allegations are true — and specific parts such as him holding her down, covering her mouth, turning up music — those are not normal under any circumstance," Johnson said.

Kavanaugh spoke to Fox News on Monday, flatly denying the allegations.

"I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone, in high school or otherwise," he said.

Carrie Severino, who once clerked for Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas (accused of sexual harassment by Anita Hill), said in a CNN interview that Ford’s account of what happened between her and Kavanaugh, who was reportedly intoxicated at the time, might even be considered “horseplay.” Severino is a policy director at the conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which actively promotes Kavanaugh through advertisements.

Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. $

So, was it horseplay? Horseplay is voluntary, Johnson said, and often is among a group of peers — boys with boys. Ford expressed that she fought back. Johnson said that if that's the case, "that crosses a line from horseplay to assault," Johnson said.

"This is not normal male behavior," Johnson said. "It's not normal drunken male behavior."

Psychologist Michael Thompson, also the author of Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys, said Sosa's comment is a "boys will be boys" argument, which unjustly gives boys a "moral waiver."

Comments that excuse these actions, can actually normalize and support this behavior in the future, Rosalind Wiseman, author of Masterminds & Wingmen (a book about how to nurture adolescent boys) and mom of two teenage boys, said.

"We need to take responsibility for excusing boys behavior thinking that it’s funny," Wiseman said.

Excusing this behavior increases the likelihood it happens again, she warned.

The latest on allegations and developments:

• Lawyer Michael Avenatti said a third woman is coming forward with accusations against Kavanaugh.

• Sunday, a second woman made claims of abuse. Deborah Ramirez said Kavanaugh exposed himself to her when they were freshmen at Yale University. Kavanaugh has denied any wrongdoing. The White House on Tuesday said it is open to hearing from her.

• Kavanaugh, alongside his wife, denied all allegations in an interview on Fox News. Read the full transcript here.

• Kavanaugh said he will not withdraw his Supreme Court nomination.

• Testimony is set for Thursday from Ford, Kavanaugh

I'm still of the belief that a person is innocent until proven guilty, so I say let the truth come out.

Just saying.
    Kavanaugh Allegations: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This In High School?’ Most Haven’t, Experts Say. R9Zf
    Amulet1
    Members
    Members
    Posts : 84 Zodiac Sign : Gemini Age : 58 Birthday : 1965-06-20

http://clubhouse.boardhost.com/index.php

PostAmulet1 Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Why didnt she report it when it happened? or when he was appointed in lower level courts? Why wait 35 years to report it and ask for more time before testifying? Why do witnesses say it didnt happen? Sounds too fishy to me.
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 pm

That's why I said let the truth come out. Innocent Until Proven Guilty is still a good thing.
    Amulet1
    Members
    Members
    Posts : 84 Zodiac Sign : Gemini Age : 58 Birthday : 1965-06-20

http://clubhouse.boardhost.com/index.php

PostAmulet1 Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:54 pm

I say this is just a ploy. I watched part of this yesterday and I was shocked she has to use notes to remember. If you talk to anyone who has been assaulted they will remember every small detail of the incident. Her story has changed numerous times.
    Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum