Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media IERHI

Welcome to Free Byte. Today I'm thinking about this whole entire mess surrounding a joke by actor/comedian Kevin Hart. Now, let me lay my lead card on the table: I like Kevin Hart. I think the guy is funny and talented. My secondary card (which I believe I should have lead with) is that I believe in forgiveness... on AND off social media.

Let me start this Free Byte with my commentary on "THE JOKE." Let's get this part out there: the joke was done A DECADE AGO! Ten years ago. Nobody said word one about it until TEN YEARS LATER when he was announced that he would be hosting The 91st Annual Academy Awards. Our Twitter friends get all up in arms at this announcement. "Oh No! We can't have him hosting the Oscars®. He's homophobic" Ten years ago, he started the fiery joke by saying he doesn't have a homophobic bone in his body. Again, here comes the Twitterverse still on Kevin Hart's case. This reaction led Hart to step down as host... a position The Academy hasn't filled in yet or even thought about filling in.

Now we come to the apology. How many times must he apologize for this? Let me quote Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman from the song Human II (Don't Turn Your Back On Me)
    Boyz II Men's Human II (Don't Turn Your Back On Me) wrote:SHAWN STOCKMAN: "I know this was my fault but, how much should it cost to make things right?
    Do I have to pay for life?
    We all fall short sometimes and I'm guilty of that crime.
    I just want to make you see that you can still believe in me...
    Apparently, forgiveness, especially on Twitter and other Social Media does not apply here. The closest thing I can equate is what happened to Hulk Hogan a few years ago. He too, said something he shouldn't have said. It came out in social media. Hogan was fired and taken out of the WWE Hall of Fame. It was even reported that WWE tried to erase Hogan from their history and wrestling history in general (as if that were possible). While there are a lot of Hogan fans who have forgiven him (myself included), there are some fans who have not, to the point they still claim Hogan as being a racist.

Kevin Hart is basically getting the same backlash. There are a few of his fans who have forgiven Hart, others (especially on Twitter and Instagram) haven't. If it had been someone else, would you be as quick slam on that comedian? Seriously. I'd like to know. Also, why is it easier for some of us to forgive (be it on Social Media or not) for anyone's past misdeeds, and for others, not so much. Yes, we can make mistakes in using our words. But how long must we pay for that mistake? We are human. We make mistakes. In life away from the computer, yes. But once you are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., it seems to me that this rule goes out the window. Well, I look at it from this perspective:
    Matthew 6:14-15 (NKJV) wrote:For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Heavenly Father forgive your trespasses.
    Having quoted that piece of scripture, I will say the same thing I said on Twitter to all of those people who are still attacking Kevin Hart for the comments he has repeatedly apologized for and is admittedly "sick and tired" of apologizing. If I were the Almighty God, and I had the power to condemn every last one of you for all the sins of your past... YOU WOULD ALL BE BURNING RIGHT NOW! Since I'm not, open your hearts up to forgiveness. What's the harm in it?

Just Saying
    Kevin Hart: The Joke, The (Seemingly) Neverending Apology and Forgiving The Past On (and Off) Social Media I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum