Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder D0BPR

Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder FipxM

KC Baker of People Magazine wrote:On the morning of July 22, LeeAnn Fletcher Hartleben’s boyfriend called 911, saying he found her unconscious in the bathtub of her Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, home.

Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder BB1arppe

Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder BB1arpp9

John “Jay” Curtis Tolson told the dispatcher he thought Hartleben, 38, had slipped, according to a recording of the 911 call.

“She had been drinking and she fell in the kitchen,” he can be heard saying on the 911 call. “She’s breathing really loudly. I just can’t get her to wake up.”

The mother of two was rushed to a local hospital, where she died on July 25 – just three days before her 39th birthday.

At the time of her death, authorities didn’t say whether they believed her injury was accidental.

Police interviewed Tolson, who was considered a “person of interest” at the time of Hartleben’s death.

No arrests were made, leaving Hartleben’s family and friends demanding answers.

In mid-September, District Attorney Andrew Womble said he was waiting for autopsy results before deciding whether or not he would pursue criminal charges, The Virginian-Pilot reported.

In October, autopsy results showed that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

According to a report from the Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner obtained by The Pilot, the manner of death -- how she sustained the injury -- was ruled undetermined.

Then on Monday, three months after Hartleben’s death, a grand jury in Dare indicted Tolson, charging him with second-degree murder in Hartleben’s death, OBX Today reports.

Served with an arrest warrant in Maine, Tolson was taken into custody by the Bangor Police Department, News 3 reports.

It is unclear why Tolson was in Maine.

Tolson has not yet entered a plea. He is scheduled to appear in Dare County Superior Court on Nov. 30. It is unclear whether he has retained an attorney who can comment on his behalf.

Hartleben’s cousin, Trisha Cahoon, who’s been asking authorities to take a closer look at the case since July, grew emotional when she heard Tolson had been arrested.

“You would think that you would feel happy and rejoiceful ... but I wasn’t,” a teary-eyed Cahoon told local station News 3. “It was like I was happy but at same sense I felt that now I could actually mourn, and all this emotion hit me at one time. I’ve just been crying and thinking about her and everything she went through.”

In her search for answers, Cahoon posted a video on YouTube called Justice for LeeAnn, which includes the 911 call Tolson made, The Pilot reports.

The video includes a medical report stating that Hartleben had bruises on her chest, arms, and abdomen, The Pilot reports.

“She had bruises everywhere,” Cahoon told The Pilot. “It was horrible.”

It also contains video footage of the inside of Hartleben’s home, showing bloodstains in several rooms including her bedroom, where her mattress, a pillow – and a red shirt – are covered in blood.

Cahoon says she and her family will not stop until justice is served for her cousin.

“LeeAnn was a good person and she did not deserve this at all,” Cahoon told News 3.

No one deserves murder. I hope and pray that LeeAnn gets the justice she deserves. If this man murdered LeeAnn, he deserves to thrown in prison for the rest of his life. If North Carolina has the death penalty... May God have mercy on his soul, because North Carolina law will not.

Just Saying.
    Boyfriend Said N.C. Mom Died After Slipping in Bathtub — But 3 Months Later, He's Charged with Murder I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum