Bethea's Byte Reloaded
U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight

3 posters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:47 pm

U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight DZRTo

U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight AAaiXN6

Stephanie Armour and Jared S. Hopkins of The Wall Street Journal wrote:
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight AANKaaT

Federal regulators are likely to approve a third Covid-19 shot for vaccinated adults starting at least six months after the second dose rather than the eight-month gap they previously announced, a person familiar with the plans said, as the Biden administration steps up preparations for delivering boosters to the public.

Data from vaccine manufacturers and other countries under review by the Food and Drug Administration is based on boosters being given at six months, the person said. The person said approval for boosters for all three Covid-19 shots being administered in the U.S.—those manufactured by Pfizer Inc. and partner BioNTech SE, Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnson—is expected in mid-September.

The Biden administration and companies have said that there should be enough supply for boosters. The U.S. has purchased a combined 1 billion doses from Pfizer and Moderna.

A White House spokesman declined to comment. An FDA spokeswoman declined to comment on interactions with vaccine manufacturers.

Pfizer and BioNTech said Wednesday that they had asked U.S. health regulators to authorize boosters of their Covid-19 vaccine and submitted additional data showing a third dose improves protection against the virus. The FDA granted full approval to the vaccine on Monday. Biden administration officials have said they hope full approval will encourage more people to get vaccinated, pushing up inoculation rates that recently climbed past 60% of the eligible U.S. population.

Pfizer said it couldn’t comment on potential regulatory decisions. Moderna said Wednesday that it had completed filing for full approval of its vaccine, which uses similar mRNA technology as the Pfizer-BioNTech shot. Full approval of Moderna’s vaccine is expected in about three months, the person familiar with the matter said. Johnson & Johnson has said it plans to file for approval later this year.

Federal officials last week recommended that adults who received a two-dose regimen of mRNA vaccines such as Pfizer’s begin receiving booster shots in September. Officials said at the time that the shots would be administered about eight months after the second dose for people ages 18 and older. Boosters will be administered at the 80,000 pharmacies and other vaccination sites operating across the U.S.

The effort hinges on FDA clearance of the additional shots, and a recommendation by a vaccine advisory committee of outside experts to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC sets recommendations on who gets priority for the vaccines and when.

Health authorities already have authorized booster shots for people 12 years old and above whose immune systems are compromised. People 65 and older and individuals in chronic-care facilities are expected to get boosters first, along with health workers and anyone else who was vaccinated earliest, according to federal health officials.

Some public-health experts have said boosters aren’t necessary based on data that shows ongoing protection against hospitalizations and death from the initial round of shots. Vin Gupta, health adviser to the Biden administration’s postelection transition team, said he believes boosters should be reserved for people with compromised immune systems, older people and people with comorbidities such as diabetes. “I don’t think there’s any compelling data for boosters for everyone at eight months,” Dr. Gupta said.

Leana Wen, health policy professor at George Washington University, said approving boosters starting at six months after a previous dose makes sense based on available data on waning immunity. “That doesn’t mean every patient needs to get a booster at six months,” she said.

Studies indicate the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is still highly effective in people six months after their second dose. Yet there is some evidence its efficacy might diminish over longer periods and the shot isn’t as effective against the contagious Delta variant, prompting research into adding a third dose.

Pfizer and BioNTech said Wednesday that the third dose generated a stronger immune system against the original Covid-19 strain compared with the original two-dose course.

The submission includes data from a late-stage trial of 306 subjects between 18 and 55 years who received a third dose between 4.8 and eight months after completing the two-dose course of vaccination, Pfizer said. Neutralizing antibodies—which play a key role in the immune system—were more than three times as much when measured one month after the third dose, compared with one month after the second dose.

The administration of a third dose also appeared safe in the trial, the companies said.

The companies didn’t say whether the data included how well a booster shot worked against the contagious Delta variant. However, the companies earlier this month had submitted to regulators separate results from a small, early-stage study showing a third dose of their vaccine generated higher levels of neutralizing antibodies against the original virus and against the Beta and Delta variants than the standard two-dose regimen.

Other vaccine makers also are studying whether booster doses could help maintain protection against the virus. On Wednesday, Johnson & Johnson said that a second dose of its vaccine was found in a study to generate a strong immune response, justifying a booster shot.

I will have my eyes locked on the month of September to get my booster shot to deal with this variant of COVID-19. Again, I emplore everyone who reads this post... GET THE VACCINE. SAVE LIVES. SAVE YOUR LIFE. SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE ELSE! LET'S BE RID OF COVID ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Just Saying.
    U.S. Plans COVID-19 Booster Shots at Six Months Instead of Eight I6goy
    Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:36 pm

Well, I certainly hope this works out Very Happy . I myself wasn't able to get vaccinated until June for my first dose (and August for my second dose), so I most likely won't have to worry about booster shots until 2022) - but, if and when they're offered to me, I'll certainly get one!

The Last Outlaw likes this post

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:39 pm

Kyng wrote:Well, I certainly hope this works out Very Happy . I myself wasn't able to get vaccinated until June for my first dose (and August for my second dose), so I most likely won't have to worry about booster shots until 2022) - but, if and when they're offered to me, I'll certainly get one!

Amen, brother! It's like I said, the ones who end up hospitalized from this, they will ask for the vaccine then, but it's too little, too late!
    Luke The Lad
    Luke The Lad
    Members
    Members
    Posts : 19 Zodiac Sign : Aries Age : 28 Birthday : 1996-04-03

PostLuke The Lad Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:12 am

I hope this works out. I’ve had both doses of the vaccine and will certainly get a booster shot if it’s offered to me.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum