Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz I5Bn3

From People Magazine

Christina Dugan of People Magazine wrote:

Three months after his wife Beth died following a battle with cancer, Duane “Dog the Bounty Hunter” Chapman is now facing his own series of medical issues.

In an exclusive clip of Monday’s episode of The Dr. Oz Show, the Dog’s Most Wanted star, 66, learned he was suffering from a pulmonary embolism in the heart — a “life-threatening” condition in which one or more arteries has been blocked by blood — two weeks after being hospitalized for chest pains.

“You’re a ticking time bomb,” Dr. Oz, who went to visit Dog at his Denver home, tells the TV star in the clip. “You’re not going to be here with the heart the way it is right now. Fear of death is normal. I’m surprised you don’t fear death when you’re chasing after convicts. But when you run away from doctor, that means you have to do your own doctoring.”

Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz $

Speaking to PEOPLE after the diagnosis, Dr. Oz says Dog was “denying care that he knew would be life saving.”

“[Duane] was fearful,” he reveals. “Beth had been his north star. She was the one that would go with him and keep him balanced so he could deal with these things. Losing her took away his biggest support.”

“I said, ‘What would Beth do,’ ” he adds. ” ‘What would she say to you? I don’t think she’d be happy with what you’re doing. You’re throwing away your life, you’re throwing away your ability to parent your kids. You have to man up.’ That’s what she would say.”

Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz $

And Dog, though weary of doctors and hospitals, eventually came to an understanding and agreement.

“I hesitated for a minute thinking, I don’t want to have to go through this again,” Dog tells PEOPLE. “I don’t want to die right now. I’m not afraid to die anymore, but I really didn’t care for awhile if something would happen. I do care now.”

Now, Dog — who is on blood thinners, a healthy diet, and is making strides towards kicking his smoking habit — is on the road to recovery.

“Once this goes away, I am 100 percent. I’ve had fears. The blood clot is not a normal thing but it happens a lot, but I’m going to be 100 percent. I’m encouraged by it,” he says.

In mid-September, Dog was taken to a hospital in Colorado after feeling a pain in his chest, TMZ reported. His hospitalization came nearly three months after Beth died of complications from throat cancer on June 26. She was 51.

Earlier this month, fans of the reality star got an inside look at how Beth’s family came to terms with the harrowing diagnosis during the premiere episode of WGN America’s Dog’s Most Wanted.

He also appeared on an episode of Dax Shepard‘s podcast Armchair Expert, where he revealed how he’s been coping since Beth’s death.

“And you’ve got to imagine what your identity is now without half of you,” Shepard said. “That’s got to be terribly frightening.”

“I googled it,” Dog responded. “It says you adapt, you get smarter. She used to tease me, ‘You stole me from the cradle at 18 years old.’ I had her until she was 51, and I’d say one word and she knew what it meant. She’d be like, ‘Let me do it, Big Daddy, you’re too aggressive.’ And then she became more aggressive than me. And now all the sudden she’s not there. Google says you get smarter when you’re forced to deal with it. Because I still go, ‘What time do you have to be up in the morning, honey?’ I’m setting the alarms. … I’m getting better. I depended on her for so much.”

Dog’s Most Wanted airs Wednesdays (9 p.m. ET) on WGN America.

C'mon Dog!  I know you are still hurting and still grieving over Beth.  I get that, but you still have to take care of yourself.  Sure, you have the family business in good hands with Leland in Alabama, grandson Dakota and daughter Cecily following in your bootsteps, but still when you're no longer "Dog The Bounty Hunter", you still have to take care of yourself.  Your family needs you as Duane just as much as America needs the Dog.  I'm pulling for you.

Just Saying.
    Duane Chapman Diagnosed With Pulmonary Embolism: He Was 'a Ticking Time Bomb,' Says Dr. Oz I6goy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum